The Babes

Allahie watched as her mate stood still in the room with his immortal-grace stance. Lousen was not in yet so they had to wait patiently. The mood was also completely killed with news from the king.

"You nervous?"

"No," Aleksandar replied, "Why would I be? This is natural."

"The war."

His golden gaze met hers and he slowly nodded. After a moment he sat on the table with a huff. "They don't deserve this. They're just little babies. How can I be forced to take them to war?"

Allahie didn't have a response as she sat beside him. "I'm at least glad I'm coming with you."

"How?" he spit in a disgusted tone, "You're my mate, I am suppose to protect you!"

Allahie pressed her lips to his to silence him. She didn't get to know him in the best way and it was a lot of touch and go, but she didn't  mind. There was adventure in her lifestyle and she was fighting for what she cared about.

She smiled when he leaned back into her and buried his face against her neck. "You are going to be a very good...." He choked and fumbled with the word.

"Mother?"

"Yes," Aleksandar smiled and lifted his head to kiss her cheek as Lousen strolled in.

"Sorry for the wait Alek, surprises, surprises Narix is pregnant too."

"Narix?" Allahie questioned.

"Short for Sanariinx. He's a fellow general of mine, one I haven't seen in ages. He was a close friend decades ago. Rathgar kept us separated at all times because he couldn't lose his prize generals in one go. We never fought in the same battles...."

"He found his mate."

"Yeah?" Aleksandar questioned.

"A female like you. Such a strange decade." Lousen approached and patted Aleksandar's stomach. "And you are getting quite plump my fellow..."

He was cut off by a snarl from Allahie, and grinned a moment later. "My apologies fair lady, but Alek mind laying back for me?"

The female fae watched as her mate laughed at her and his shirt dissolved in blackness revealing his sculpted chest and rounded stomach. "Lousen, I'm praying you confirm two boys and a little girl."

"I won't know till we begin," the medic responded and his magic wrapped around Alek's core. Allahie, after a sharp glance from golden eyes, lowered her shields.

The dusty green magic wrapped tighter and Aleksandar squirmed. Lousen frowned, "That little shit of Kennith's is a fussy one."

Aleksandar groaned, "Tell me his is a little boy, please, he will snap a tree if its a girl."

"I best not speak then," Lousen responded, "But you, yourself will have a little girl and a little boy."

"So two girls?" Aleksandar whimpered.

"That's what I'm going to have to call it. You might be surprised in the end, but I'm rather positive his is a girl."

Aleksandar swore, "Whatever."

"Now hold tight," Lousen pushed the fae of darkness's shoulder back, "Look."

With a heavy sigh and tight breath green spiraled up and made an image. Inside it were three little forms tucked away. "They're small now," Lousen grunted, "So they're hard to portray...but those are your little ones."

Allahie grabbed Aleksandar's hand and gasped, "Oh my lord! They're so cute!"

"And all very healthy, though as they get older you will have discomfort with Kennith's quarreling and fussing."

"Thank you Lousen," Allahie stated and kissed her mate's forehead. She was so proud and happy.