Let's Get Down to Business

Allahie sat with her mate in the large tub washing him. She lathered in soap and scrubbed his hair until he growled at her. She rinsed his hair, leaned forward, and kissed his cheek, as he finished the last swipe with his blade to remove the stubble.

"I am by no means ready for this." He huffed leaning back against her.

"But you are designed for this. Your not ruining your manhood and your not going to get them sick."

"Whatever..." She saw him twitching his nose, "Allahie, they are here."

"And you have all the time in the world. Hawlor will let them know you need to relax for a bit."

"You should have let my water break before...now I have to get it broken in a horrid way."

"Darling, you don't have to. We can wait and see if things will progress." He just whimpered and put his sodden head on her shoulder. She wrapped her hands around his teeming stomach and removed the barrier once more. He hissed this time in pain.

"You know how bad that hurts right? That you keep making a physical barrier of ice?"

"I'm sorry my darling," Allahie cooed and he coughed awkwardly in pain.

"Allahie, out there, I don't want to get right down to business. I want...Can we sip some tea and see if things go on their own?" Alek asked.

"Of course," Allahie murmured kissing his neck. She could feel the winged devil shifting once more and her mate choke up in pain.

"I...Allahie, I don't think his wings are right...."

She frowned at her mate, "Now how in the fuck."

"What?" Alek cried.

"He's breeched, he must have shifted when he kicked like a mad man....now Alek...once again this is going to hurt." Her mate clenched his jaw but made no peep as she once more shifted their large son.

Her mate lifted his head to stare at his belly, the swell completely emerged out of the water. Another moment he let his head fall and sighed heavily. "I'll get out of the tub in a little bit."

So Allahie sat with him. She rubbed his stomach soothingly, even as his breathing grew heavy and he slouched deeper into the water for warmth. She held him the whole time until the water grew cool, only then gently shaking him away.

Most of her arms and legs were tingling from falling asleep as she slid out from behind him now that he had sat up. In another moment she wrapped a towel around her body and lent him a hand.

He wrapped it around his hips and it hung awkwardly with his stomach. He threw a second over his shoulders and yawned. "In all honesty, I'd just like to sleep after a bite off food. Maybe get this over with in the morning, or if they come in the night then so it be. But, I'm tired."

Allahie nodded and dressed herself in the fresh clothes she had laid out. Despite her being naked and in full view her mate so much as look at her--his pain must have been horrid. She watched him as he just tossed on some pats. No undergarments and no shirt.

He opened the door and stolled out with a yawn, and she followed quickly. His hair had been pulled back in a half pony and was neatly braided to keep out of his face.

"Hello, Lousen."

"Hello Alek, how you feeling?" The ancient doctor cooed.

"Not so hot? What of the king, queen, and...."

"Baby daddy?" Kennith snorted. He was sitting at the counter, neatly chopping some type of seasoning for a soup that he had boiling. Alek just stared at him with an emotionless face till Kennith sighed heavily but didn't apologize. "Alek, Rath and Ana are outside. Attempting to be civil."

"Fine by me...." Alek groaned rubbing his stomach. Lousen took a step but he held up a hand.

"No, Lousen. No baby for now. I want whatever he's making."

Kennith nodded, threw in the seasoning, stirred it for a few moments, and then prepared a bowl for Aleksandar. Allahie watched as the smaller dark lord actually presented it with a slight dip of his head.

"You Alek, my boy you look ready to explode."

"Try feeling like that." Aleksandar responded flopping down heavily on the couch. His soup bowl didn't even make a small splash as he had already finished it. He set it aside and leaned back. "Allahie," her mate mumbled in a soft whine. His shoulders were folded foreword, and his head was down. She at once retrieved him a blanket and sat beside him. He curled up in it, and put his head on her lap. She watched him shut his eyes and cut out the world--in a few moments he was asleep.

Rath and Ana came in with Kennith. The tension between them had Allahie snarling. Her bared teeth had them casting a glance at each other and nodding--the mood lightened and Alek kept sleeping.

They all ate silently until Lousen started up a soft conversation. "I've never seen him sleep like that."

Allahie just glared and smoothed her mate's hair. He had his arms around his stomach and with the blanket it was actually decently hidden. "You bring everything?"

"From pain medication to scissors, yes." Lousen laid down and closed his own eyes. The king and queen were forced to sit next to each other on the last couch. They just watched the fire silently brooding.

Kennith just remained at the bar studying a sleeping  Alek. Hawlor just hopped onto the spare square beside Allahie and neatly folded himself into a ball.  For now, they would just respect her mate's wishes and remain silent while he slept.