Just A Night Off

As Allahie finished up praying to the elders for forgiveness--Ellyssi watching bemused the rest because they knew the archer didn't do anything wrong--Tetra, the new warlord of the town came forth with happiness.

"My god, Allahie! How did you sneak into town!?" Her best friend grabbed her in a hug, "How's preggers Aleksandar?"

Allahie burst out laughing, "My mate is good, don't let him hear you say that, say do you have any fish?"

"Of course...how have you been?"

"Stressed beyond means. Shadow King Rathgar demanded my mate and I search for Queen Analexa...or really Warlord Analexa who bows to Light King Dunniver."

"Your mate is pregnant?"

"He is a powerful fae, and Rath's numbers are dwindling. Lots of his Jarls knocked up or hurt."

"Then how?"

"My mate is pregnant with triplets, quintuplets outranks him so we must go forth." Tetra sighed heavily.

"Insanity...but my god your going to have triplets!?" Tetra smiled widely and hugged her friend again.

"Technically, only two are mine and Alek's...don't even ask. Some bastard Dark Lord managed to make one his...saving my life and my mate's in the process. If he hadn't Alek and I would have been probably be-headed." Allahie paused at her shocked friend, "It's been crazy, I miss my life here so much. How have things been?" Allahie paused when she remembered she had completely forgotten about Hawlor--who was still sleeping in his sepcial saddle on her stable floor.

"Boring in comparison. Being half fae....I can't connect to anyone here. No one is my mate."

"There is a good chance your mate hasn't even been born yet....Alek had to wait 200 years for me and didn't know I existed till a war quest brought him close. Just...Tetra you will know when your mate approches. You can feel it...."

The smaller demi-fae nodded. She seemed so delicate to Allahie now--her ears not as pointed, teeth not as sharp. She was still tall and pretty like most fae, with large green eyes and brown hair.

"What's preggers having?" Tetra questioned as they walked down the dusty path through the market and to Tetra's cottage.

"We believe two boys and a girl. Our son has wings for sure though."

Tetra smiled, "When's he due?"

"Roughly three months from now. Though his stomach just seems to swell worse every day."

"His tummy cute?"

Allahie grinned, "Adorable. They've begun kicking." They entered Tetra's stone cottage in a moment--its decorative rugs worn, ancient plants hanging, a fish tank blooming with aquatic life.

"Aww...you will have to show me."

"Oh how I'd love for my mate to have the babes here...." Allahie mumbled entereing the familiar large kitchen and worn wooden table. Her friend started up a large stone stove that normally heated up the whole house, and set to work preparing fish that she pulled from an ice box.

***********

Her mate was still passed out upon returning with a filled basket of food: fish, buns, corn, fruit, cheese. Hawlor was dozing by the fire and his red eyes met hers when she entered with her friend. The tiny male tensed and sniffed the hair before his eyes narrowed slightly, and he let his head fall, not taking his eyes off Tetra.

"This is my best friend, Hawlor, be nice." The tiny man rose to his feet.

"Hello," he stated in his gruff voice and exteneded a hand. "I'm...Hawlor."

Tetra quirked a brow but shook it, "Werewolf are you now?"

His shaggy hair flopped about when he nodded. A moment later he took a fish from the basket and returned by the fire, to settle down at eat it.

Allahie nudged Tetra, "Alek's still sleeping...." She died off and let her friend take in her powerful mate, and his swollen exposed stomach. He had his hands naturally wrapped around it but the swell really was magnificent and taking hold.

"I'll wake him."  Upon sitting on the bed he stirred slightly. "Chubby darling," Allahie pressured gently shaking him, "C'mon, I brought you food."

He blinked an eye open, "Food? Already?" He sat up and stiffened upon seeing Tetra. "Hello...there...." His voice was sharp, and he hid his stomach immedatly with his magic.

Tetra grinned back, "Hello there Alek. Your belly has gotten quite big since the last time I saw you."

"Triplets will do that," he snapped rising to his feet. He plopped down heavily at the bar stool and grabbed the basket.

"I have a gift for you," Tetra stated, grinning wider. She understood his gruffness, he had been snuck up upon, and he was being cautious because of the babies.

"Yeah?" He mumbled with a mouth full of food. Allahie just sat besided him.

Tetra set another basket on table. This one was larger and wickered. "Its for the babies. I got you some books, a soft blanket, and three little outfits."

Alek coughed on his food. To accept a gift for his children by another fae!? How rude! He was capable of providing for them. "Excuse you!" He snapped shooting to his feet, "I don't need your....." he stopped when Allahie grabbed his arm, laid a hand on his shoulder, and shoved him to sit back down.

"Honey, shush up! Here that is a very kind gesture. It shows acceptance and love."

"You are my mate! I am a lord! I don't need help.....!" She put her index finger to his lips.

"Alek accept it and apologize." His face hardened and they held a competitive glaring battle until he sighed and stood down. He snapped his head to the demi-fae.

"I am sorry, Tetra."

"It's alright preggers," she responded softly, "I understand how territorial you are now."  

Allahie laughed, while her mate coughed on his food once again. "Excuse you demi-fae!"

"Alek, calm down and be a person! She's just messing with you!"

Her mate just swallowed heavily and brooded silently through the rest of his meal. Upon finishing, Tetra opened some whine and poured them all some.

"I know your pregnant, and I know you don't drink often Allahie, but I am lonely and you are here now. Let's celebrate and talk." So the dark lord and the archer did, and they all moved to the seating near the fire.

Allahie sat with her head on her mate's shoulder and arms around his swollen belly--rubbing it as the babies starting kicking like crazy. Hawlor sat beside Tetra across from them sniffing her with a confused look, and her friend just leaned back and began cracking out stories and jokes. It was a wonderful time.