The Injured Mate

Allahie's ears rung as her eyes swam. She may not have been shot but she was feeling the effects from being tossed off the wall. She never knew mating bonds to be so strong, but then and again she had waited 100 years.

"Allahie!" Her second in commanded yell landing neatly on the ground. "Allahie are you all right!"

"Get back to your post soldier!" She screamed at her best friend. The demi-fae ingored her and with grace squatted beside her putting a hand on her shoulder.

"We won...when you hit that man upon the alpha, it was like they were shadows and light had hit them. They were simply gone."

"Find that male. Find him now!" Allahie screamed, rubbing her shoulder. Her mate was still alive. "And don't kill him!"

"Yes, mam." Tetra bowed slightly and with a hand on her sword called a team of foot soldiers to assist her.

The purebred fae slowly rose to her feet. The mating bond. The bloody, fucking, mating bond. It chose a tyrant. And evil prick. A fucking douche. A pain in her ass.

But worry already was twisting with her dwindling magic. He was okay? Was that powerful male okay?

Her heart picked up in speed, as the foot soldiers came back and she took in sight of him. Of the way his powerful neck hung limply. Of the way his muscled arms were drapsed over four broad shoulders of demi-fae, and his muscled calves leading to his feet dragged limply on the ground. All of the way blood spewed from his shoulder.

"Somebody help him!" Allahie screeched, as they threw him to the ground before her. He moaned in agony and struggled to hold himself up.

"Now!" Instantly the demi-fae was beside him. An pure and gentle green wrapped itself around the purebred fae male's body, and slowly he stopped bleeding.

"Allahie, I have no magic to heal our own now."

"Use medical supplies," she snapped. She couldn't stop staring. This male was her mate. This male was her mate, and she had to lock him up! "Take him to the dungeon but don't hurt him."

There was disbelief in their stances, but they trusted and loved her. With respectable nods everyone dispersed--to repair, to heal, to rebuild, to find comfort.

Allahie quickly made her way to the elders that had drawn back underground.

*****

"Elyssi...." Allahie sputtered.

"Yes little one?" No one called Allahie anything but by her name or as the elders like to phrase it. She was their leader, and she was one of them. She was not above or below, and she didn't need a title.

"Elyssi...that male...that male I shot."

"What dear?" The old, ancient, demi-fae questioned. Her white hair falling foreward as she leaned on her cane.

"He's my mate. I'm not alone."

There was a gasp, and then a hand was placed on her shoulder. "Tomorrow, you will show me at dawn. For now, ingore him and no tend to your tribe."

"Yes my elder."