Camp

Finally I've gotten wattpad to work! They've been undergoing changes the past few days and I can't tell you how frustrated I was as it kept deleting and not saving my drafts! Well...here you go! I hope you enjoy! :)

                                            ________________________________

The eagles had been terrifying to ride. Allahie felt even worse for Hawlor who had to be carried by their talons. Despite arrive on the warfront she hadn't seen anything to terrible yet. Yes there were bloody soldiers, but she had seen worse.

Aleksandar was sleeping softly in the general's war tent--farthest away from the battle front, but also camouflaged. She resented having to leave him in such a stage but she had to see Kennith.

For the higher ranking Dark Lord, things were grim. Kennith didn't have any hope in his eyes. His wounds were treacherous even with proper magical fae trying to heal him. He'd been slit up his front side, with fae resistant poison. His arm was barely hanging on despite all the bandages.

She had no words for him, she hated him, but she wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Kennith didn't open his eyes and she just held his hand in silence. Allahie perhaps had stayed for hours, and in that time, all she had seen was him faintly flutter his eyes.

What if this happened to her mate!? He physically couldn't handle that! Without Kennith, Aleksandar was going to have to be on the warfront too...perhaps that was why he was so sick currently, and didn't want to face or see anyone. The fear must have been eating him alive.

Without warning a familiar scent hit her nose and the tent flap was pushed aside. Aleksandar had to duck to get in, and his eyes were no longer glowing with worry but confidence. "How is he?" Alek questioned squatting beside the little cot.

"Absolutely terrible."

"Kennith," her mated pressured, gently patting the side of the Dark Lord's face. "Kennith wake and look at me."

To Allahie's surprise Kennith moaned and slightly moved his head, "Ah?" He groaned in a question.

"I need you to start fighting harder." Allahie knew Aleksandar was more than likely making Kennith have a stronger will to live, but she still felt anger when her mate kissed Kennith's forehead.

"I was so sure you were going to have a son," Aleksandar continued, taking Kennith's hand, "As I know how much you wanted a little boy, but from the sounds of it your going to have a daughter."

Allahie watched as the smaller lord's eyes open every so slightly to glace at were his hand was placed on Alek's stomach. "I know things are grim, but don't leave your child," her mate pleaded.

Kennith's blue eyes wandered past her mate and to her. Allahie glared at him but slowly nodded. For all their sakes, Kennith needed to live.

"Call her Rosey....." the dark lord moaned, and then he passed out. Alek put Kennith's hand on his chest and then Allahie noticed as his magic reinforced the bandages and dressing on his chest and arm.

"The babes are going to start kicking soon. I'd say within two weeks."

"How far along will you be again?"

"Two-ish months."

"I think we should discuss names for them."

"I'd like to after you get to know them better, after we both do," her mates smile was warm, "Kicking will really show their personalities."

Allahie nodded, as he took his hand in hers and pulled her to her feet. "Will you assist me with a meeting later today?"

"Of course," Allahie replied as he strolled casually through the array of tents and past soldiers. Most bowed or dipped their head to him--his powerful cocky manner was back again, and his specially tailored clothes really hid his stomach.