A New Heir

Aleksandar groaned as Allahie forced him to get up. He'd been sleeping idle for five days. He hadn't given a flying fuck about anything but sleeping. He'd missed training. Missed Dinners. Missed reading to his children. Missed most meals. Missed communicating with his mate. She just left him alone.

He groaned as he was dragged into a sitting position. Allahie kissed his brow and cupped his face leaning down eye level with him.

"Darling lets get you to Lousen shall we?'

"Can I just sleep a little more first?" he whined back. She pursed her lips at him as he blinked groggily. His magic was pretty much gone, and he had no clue why. The triplets had damaged it but nothing like this.

"You know what darling, I'll be back with him shortly, just sit tight." She kissed his brow and he flopped back in relief. She must have had their children being watched by her parents because he hadn't even heard them cry for the past few days. Unless he was that out of it. He'd known she'd been with him. She was constantly at his side, soothing him even though he wanted to be left alone, and then forcing him to take little bites of stuff.

He was sound asleep when she came back with Lousen and it took her a bit to wake him up. By the time he was semi-awoken his shirt had already been lifted back, and there was a remote pressed against his abdomen.

His eyes fluttered as he studied Lousen. The doctor smiled lightly, "Well my boy you are not going to like to hear this, but if you only want one baby your going to have to kill five others. I don't know how, but your pregnant with six."

Aleksandar wimpered, and shut his eyes. He had seen the screen with the six little blobs. He choked down a swallow...he was going to kill five of his children.

Allahie cooed at him and kissed his nose, "Darling, darling, its okay. Their so little. They won't know."

"It's not like I'm going to choose a puppy or a cat! I'm choosing which baby gets to live here!" His cry was weak and hoarse.

Allahie sighed and squeezed his hands. "Oh darling," even her voice was weak, "I'm so sorry to put you through this."

He opened his eyes with a shaky breath and glared at Lousen and then at the screen. The remote remained pressed in the middle of his lower stomach nearing his pants line. All six little forms were visible.

"How the fuck do I chose!? Those are my children!" A tear slid down his face, and soon after it was waterworks.

"Don't choose, I'll just do it at random," Lousen offered.

Alek nodded as Allahie sat him up partially to pull him close to comfort him. Lousen snapped his fingers and his stomach immediately burned a hot rage. He cried out as Lousen's green magic seemed to pulling and ripping him apart. He was full out screeching when Lousen clapped his hands and the pain left.

"Get out!" Alek screamed before Lousen could say anything, "Just get out! You killed them! You murderer!"

His mate pulled him in tighter to a point he couldn't see anthing but darkness. She kissed the back of his head and rubbed his back soothingly, "Darling, darling....I'm here. We'll be okay...I'm here for you."

He cried himself unconscious.

He didn't wake for  three more days.

****************

Allahie awoke and blinked groggily. There was no steady warmth beside her. There was no familiar scent. It was stale. She rolled from her bed in and instant. Her mate was gone. Her children had been gone too as he'd been recovering--being watched by Analexa--but Alek shouldn't have been gone.

She took a deep breath. He couldn't have left more than a few hours ago--crack of dawn at the earliest. Judging by what was missing--weapons--he had either went to the training field or hunting. She stamped her foot, dressed quickly, and stormed out the door after him.

**************

She found her mate alone in the training room with one other being. Her father. Aleksandar was being pummeled back by the ferocious king. His green eyes were blazing and his silvery-pepper hair was slick with sweat.

Alek was panting for breath. His sharp teeth were bared in a snarl and he parried again and again. He had never lost...but he was slowly losing. Rathgar swung low forcing him to bow, and then arced a second blade upward. Her mate slammed forward a second blade made out of darkness to parry it but her father only summoned a third blade to stab at him.

It sliced his side and he hissed as he took yet another step back--completely cornered. He made move to dash past the king but in a simple movement Rathgar had Alek sprawling to his stomach.

Her father made to end the fight by pressing the blade into his back but Aleksandar was already out of the way. On the ground he stumbled and twisted as he dodged strike after strike Rath sent at him. Finally there was a pause and he scrambled to his feet.

The fighting was going to continue but suddenly Alek's skin paled far, far more than normal, his sword fell from his hand, and he vomited all over the floor. Rathgar glared and screwed up his face as some spattered on his shoes.

"My lord I am sorry...."

"Go sit down before you pass out," Rathgar growled.

Alek's breathing was even more ragged as he lunged to a wooden bench and flopped down on it. He moaned and rubbed his belly. His long silver hair was tied back in a messy bun and loose strands fell foreword as he leaned foreword grimacing.

Rathgar snapped his fingers and cleaned up the mess then approached her mate with a flask of water. He sat beside the dark lord and passed him it.

"I am..." Her mate struggled to form words but his voice failed him.

"You were doing well...." Rathgar paused his green eyes meeting Alek's, "What happened....I know you've been sick....Perhaps I shouldn't have pushed you so hard. Allahie would throw a fit if she saw the fight."

Alek gave a respond between a mix of a cough and groan, "I...er..."

Rath's eyes narrowed as he studied her pale mate carefully."Baby?"

"Yes, an heir...." Alek's eyes fluttered and his body went limp. He feinted but her father caught him--Alek's head resting heavily on his shoulder.

Allahie didn't hear fully what her father murmured as he kissed Ale's brow and patted his stomach. She only caught the part, "Another beloved grandchild."

Rathgar removed himself and adjusted Alek's limp body to remain on the bench. He rolled up a towel beneath his head and strolled swiftly from the room. His face was dark and ruling again.

Allahie prowled from the shadows to her mate. She sat beside him in silence until he awoke.

His golden eyes where sheepish when they met hers. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot. "You just decided to go fighting?"

"I am a dark lord."

He made no move to get up. He just gazed up at her fearfully in a submissive manner. She leaned down to kiss his forehead.

"A pregnant darling is what you are. I'm glad you are finally up. I would have preferred to join you though."

"Can we go out somewhere special to eat with our family? Maybe take a nice long walk?" He murmured sitting up slowly and carefully. "I want to go with all three of the munchkins."

Allahie smiled, "Make it four."

Alek grinned back and leaned into kiss her, "indeed, make it four," he breathed onto her mouth and then deepened the kiss.