Feelings

Allahie returned later to the dungeon. Aleksander was pacing still, his golden eyes bright in the dim light. He had a hand on his shoulder, and his face was slightly twisted in pain.

She used her magic to pin him to the wall and he bared his sharp teeth at her as she tossed in fresh cloths. "Prisoners don't get the luxury of armor. Change."

When she let go he refused to move. She saw him glancing at his stomach. "Leave then." He snapped, "Then I will."

"I don't take orders."

"Please." On his please Allahie turned her back to him. After a low growl she heard him shifting. "Okay...

It took all her might not to cough awkwardly. He was so fit she could have done laundry on him.

"Give me your...." He snapped his fingers and it swirled away. Crown and all.

"How can you use magic here?"

"It's not magic. They are abilities. I can't explain it." He stopped his pacing and sat down.

"Tomorrow...." Allahie paused, "Tomorrow I will let you out if you want. You will be heavily warded."

"Now why would you do that?" Aleksandar laughed.

"That or we kill you slowly." He didn't shiver but he wrapped his arms around himself and stood up.

"Now why did you invade here, again?" Aleksander rolled his eyes.

"How old do I look to you?"

"I wouldn't have a clue. How old do I look to you?"

"20."

"No, I'm 106."

"I'm 354 years old."

"Grandpa," Allehia laughed, squatting down with her arms crossed over her knees.

"Our kind is dying out."

"You don't say. Your kind really likes the easy to catch female mortals."

"Maybe we just do it to prepare for our mates." The wicked showing of his teeth again, as he sat on the bench.

"Maybe you have like four thousand children by now. Humans are easy to breed."

"As with werewolves," The sneer grew. "Except you get like six children."

"You disgust me." Allehia frowned at him and his sneer fell slightly.

"I'm just foxing with you."

"Or was that just another creature you slept with?"

He frowned at her, his face twisted in disgust, "Okay now that would be nasty."

"Okay. Back to phase one." Allehia pinned him with her magic again and this time his face twisted up in pain much more evidently from lack of his armor. "Why did you invade?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"I'm over a century. I can handle it."

He shot something down an invisible bond they shared, and she dropped her magic in pain.

"You know why I came here. It's not the full reason but you can understand the first half."

"I want to know the second half."

His voice was a pleading whisper.  "It won't effect you or anyone else, so please, I ask of you to not demand an answer."

"But I do demand it."

"I will share the tale when I am ready. I promise." Allahie hadn't realized how pale his skin had gotten. He was shivering and looked dreadfully sad.

So she walked right into his cell. With half a thought she slipped right through the bars. Aleksandar jolted to his feet, and instantly backed away with his head bowed.

"You fear me," Allahie smirked.

"Female fae are always dominate," he spat back. "And I have wishes to get out of here alive so I will respect that."

Allahie summoned a soft blanket. "Here, it get's cold at night, especially since my magic is used to keep the dungeons at a hideous chill."

"Thank you," Aleksandar murmured, wrapping it around his broad shoulders. His head was still bowed and he refused to meet her gaze. Allahie sneered at him before turning on heel and walking out.