Training

Allahie just tumbled into the empty bed of her new town house. Her body was so sore she didn't ever want to emerge again. She'd been training this whole week and her heart was aching just as badly. She wanted to see her mate. He was in council and war meetings, and tomorrow he would set off.

She lay in silence and dozed of with her mind whirling of all the attacks she started to learn. Basics were down and easy, all the same as the ones from her village. The king requested her to pick up sword fighting and lance techniques--as once she got it down she could make a perfect replica of ice with her hands.

A soft groan came and stunningly a familiar scent came, then a heavy body flopping down beside hers.  Aleksandar was here. She awoke at once and threw her arms around him. His naturally pale skin was flustered and hot.

"Rathgar sent me home early in attempts to get better before tomorrow," he mumbled, and she kissed his forehead before tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear.

"I've hardly seen you," Allahie sputtered, "And now my darling you're sick!?"

"I'm fine," he mumbled shifting further into her grasp. "I just need to sleep."

She tucked the covers over him. While she was relieved to come sleep at night, many times he wouldn't come home till dawn and then leave after a few hours again.

"Tomorrow Allahie I leave for war. Everything is fully planned out," he lifted his head to kiss her cheek and then his head fell in defeat. "I will see you in a few weeks time."

Her heart stung now for him. She hated being separated from him it was like tearing out her finger nails. How could she stand four weeks without any contact to him?

"Hawlor?"

"He will be at my side. We are attacking on a full moon...though I will stay back further and just shield."

Allahie just began to cry, "I am going to miss you so much."

"But then you will be at my side and I will love and be with you."

"On the field of war!" she spit, "And what if you're sick tomorrow!"

"As a Lord I have it easy, I will mostly ride on a horse, Hawlor, or a wagon."

Allahie just burrowed into his strong chest, and he rolled to place some of his body weight on her in a comforting manner. "I will not die my darling, I will be just fine and will see you again."

Neither of them ate dinner and instead fell into a rough sleep.

*******

"Allahie," Aleksandar murmured picking her up. "Why don't you bath with me?" His voice was thick and rough with sickness, but his heart beat solidly and she couldn't detect a fever.

She just allowed herself to be swept into his arms and carried across the room. In the constant stream of never ending hot water, from the naturally draining hot spring nearby, her body woke up and she slowly regained consciousness. When her eyes found focus she was being washed by her mate.

"I don't wanna train again..." she groaned and then his magic was kneading out her muscles. She smiled at tipped her head back against his shoulder.

"Ah but we both have to get ready," Aleksandar responded--his voice was fine now. Allahie twisted to face him as she sat between his legs. He ruffled the soap in her hair another moment before climbing to his feet and dragging her to hers to rinse off.

She just pressed her torso to his and let the water stream down her back. He actually gave a purring noise of pleasure. It took her a moment to realize something was off about him. She took a step back and stared at his stomach.

"My god!" She cried placing both hands on the swelled form, "You have a baby belly!"

Her mate snorted, "I've been so busy...you haven't seen them grow." She saw as his eyes dampened, "The next time you see me, I will have gained so much weight and they will have started kicking."

Allahie's throat tightened in pain as she allowed her magic to spiral around and mingle with his. "There is no way?"

"At most I could catch another week. Kennith will arrive in one hour....I would let him know now so he could cover for me...now would be the time to deploy the fact one is his."

Allahie nodded, "I beg you to try that...."

"I will, but for now we have an hour," with that statement he pressed his lips to hers and pushed her against the wall of the shower. Through her grief she didn't noticed had become aroused when she drew very close to him.