~ Chapter 39: The Island ~

Akiko and Shiro looked at the island in the middle of the ocean, her body leaning on the railing as she waited for her boyfriend and his best friend to arrive. Hearing footsteps approaching her, she looked behind her to see her Fairy Tail friends - Team Natsu plus an unfamiliar creature - along with the Twin dragons and their exceeds arrive. Everyone was quiet as they stared at the island.

"That island," Sting said, pointing at it.

Natsu asks "What about it?"

"Is it not where is supposed to be or something?" Gray asks.

The black-haired female said "It shouldn't be there at all. Appeared from the ocean three days ago."

"Could it be an underwater volcano?" Lucy suggested. "Islands just don't appear."

Rogue said "I did consider that. Problem is there is already a forest out here. This island came out here in the full package."

"There was an earthquake a few days ago," Lector said. "It might have been caused by this island poofing into existence."

Frosch agreed "It seems like a good guess to me."

"Hey Lucy, that a building?" The pyro asks.

"I think it might be."

Sting said "So, we got this message from the magic council."

"In it, we ask you to survey this island," a new voice said from out of nowhere.

Everyone turned around to face the new voice. It was Lahar with Wendy and Carla following behind him. He said "And do it together. Sabertooth and Fairy Tail as one."

"Came a long way to check that we got your mail."

Wendy said "About that... They kind of rode with us..."

"The master sent us to check on you," Carla said. "Everywhere you've been mysterious farce stories have been struck by destruction and terrorism has followed."

"Mr Lahar stop by the guild just for a visit before we left, so we decided to come here together," Wendy explained.

Erza said "If we are to perform an expedition," Erza began. "Then you need to tell us everything you know about this island. I don't plan to go in blindly."

Lahar said, closing his eyes "The Magic Council has ordered me to tell you this: The island is dangerous. So."

"That's it?" Natsu asks, while Shiro hisses in amusement.

"So useful," Shiro hissed sarcastically.

Akiko sighs, muttering "Why don't you be useful and shut up for a bit?"

"Whatever."

---

After having a little catch up time with her former guildmates, mostly being of how was life in Sabertooth and being Sting's boyfriend, Akiko proceeded to momentarily glare at the island. I seriously don't like that island... Something's off about it...

She snapped out of her thoughts as she felt a hand on her head. She looks over to see Sting with a concerned look on his face. He asks "Is something wrong?"

"More or less," she replied, looking back at the island. "I might be paranoid, but something's a bit off about that island..."

Shiro hissed "Well, being that it has trees on it when it came just three days ago, you might not be as paranoid as you think."

I hope I'm only being paranoid, I've already had loads of stuff to deal with...

---