~ Chapter 18: I Ain't Leaving ~

Everything was silent, before loud roars of cheers were heard throughout the Domus Flau. Tears were in the corner of Sting's eyes, threatening to fall down his cheeks. Erza walked over to him, coming to a stop in front of the blonde. She asks "Sting. Why did you back down from the fight?"

He drew a shaky breath, staring at the ground. "I was so sure I would win... That was all I had to do and I would see him again, but all of a sudden... It was like I had just lost all hope. I don't know why exactly," he said. "But i know that I don't have your strength. And I guess I felt like I didn't deserve to see him. Not yet."

"You still can," Erza said, with a small smile.

"That... Was the hardest walk I've ever done in my life," a voice said, entering the scene. It was Akiko, puffing like an idiot.

Sting lifts up his head, his eyes widen as he sees his precious buddy, Lector. The exceed opened his eyes slowly, Sting began running over, tripping on the way there. "Lector!"

Lector jumped out of the black-haired female's arms and ran over to the blonde. "Sting! It's you!" The exceed cried out happily.

The blonde said, tears falling down his face "You're ok! Lector!"

The both of them hugged each other, crying and laughing, happy to see each other again. Akiko sighs, murmuring "I hate cute, sad scenes," she breathed in heavily, trying to catch her breath. Never in my life did I think I would be puffing like an idiot. Usually it's the others doing this kind of thing. Geez.

"Oi Akiko," Gajeel said, she lifted her head up to look at him.

She asks, slightly pissed "What now?"

He asks "Why do you smell like a dragon?"

The black-haired female frowned, before diverting her eyes away from the dragon slayer. Gajeel frowned, before looking back and forth between the blonde and the blacknette. He connected the pieces together, "Oh, so you actually had the guts to mark her huh?" he said, grinning.

Sting blushed like an idiot while Akiko just hissed in annoyance. Erza's eyes lit up, "What's this about marking?" she asks.

Akiko mumbled something under her breath. "What's that? We couldn't hear you," Laxus mocked.

She growled lowly, before slightly tapping Shiro to shift. He moved slightly, revealing the white dragon marks on her shoulder. Gray said "No way. You actually got marked by him? How did that happen?"

"Shut up," she muttered. "Lightbulb over there marked me without my permission."

Gray asks "So, you hate him?"

"I didn't say that," she murmured.

Erza smirked, "So, you like him then?"

"I didn't say that either!"

Juvia said "Well sorry honey, but you can't say you don't hate him without saying you like him!"

The black-haired girl huffed, "Just shut up already!" She was about to step forward, only to find herself collapsing to the ground.

Shit.

She readied herself for impact, but all she felt was two strong arms, one snaking around the back her waist while the other grabbed her shoulders. She blushed as she found herself in a hug with Sting. He muttered "Thank you," her heartbeat was beating as fast as lightning.

Stop beating, you stupid heart!

She growled "Yeah yeah, whatever... I did promise you after all," he chuckles at her foul attitude.

"Oh come on, don't be like that!" He said with a happy grin. "I know you care!"

Gajeel laughed, saying "You can try making her agree with you, but it ain't going to work."

"Yeah," Gray agreed. "She's the type to deny everything you say that has to do with her feelings."

"I do not deny everything that has to do with my feelings!" She said, slightly pissed. "Geez, you guys are such a pain in the butt," she crossed her arms, her back facing them.

Sting laughed, before pulling her into a back hug. He placed his head on her shoulder, ignoring the white snake that hissed at him. Shiro soon gave up and slithered down to her arm, taking refuge there instead of her neck. Sting murmured, a smile on his features "You're so cute sometimes, I can't resist myself."

He smirked slightly as he notices the blush coming to her cheeks. She muttered "Shut. Up," Sting chuckles before ruffling her hair, purposely undoing her ribbon that held her hair together.

"Oi! Give that back!" Akiko snapped, turning on her heel and reaching towards the ribbon in his hand - he hovered it in the air. "Geez, why are you so tall dammit?" She muttered under her breath.

He grinned in amusement as he watches her try to grab the ribbon. In the background, the five were watching in amusement. He mocked "Or maybe you're just short," a vein popped on her head.

Alright, that's it. Akiko thought to herself, pissed now. She grabbed onto Sting's head and slammed it into the ground, none to gently. Laxus laughed, "I knew that was going to happen soon."

"Ow...," Sting mumbled while the black-haired female took the ribbon from him. "Where the hell do you get that strength from?"

She didn't answer, only had her back faced to him while having her arms crossed. She was staring at the ground with an annoyed, frowning face. She gently placed a hand on her chest. Geez, what the hell is he doing to me?

"Uh oh, looks like she's mad at you," Gray mocked the blonde.

Lector said "Yeah, Sting! She might leave you!"

Sting began to panic, while Akiko still was in deep thought. She snapped out of her thoughts as she felt a hug from behind, normally, she would've headbutted whoever it was because of how sensitive she was. However, oddly enough, her reflexes didn't kick in. She looked at the hands and arms that engulfed her in a hug. She immediately knew who it was.

"Please... Don't leave," she heard a voice say to her. It was Sting's.

She replied, confused "I wasn't going to. Who the hell told you that?"

Laughing could be heard from behind them, while Juvia was squealing and hugging Gray. "You two are so cute!" Juvia squealed.

Erza said "Wait till Mira hears of this. She'll be all over you two," she was amused at the sight.

"You can say that again," Akiko muttered. "Can you let go now, Sting?"

"No!" He denied, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

Akiko sighs, saying "Now look at the mess I've gotten myself into."

After some time, Sting had let go of Akiko and looked at the other members, refusing to let go of her hand. "Hey, tell me something," Sting said.

"Oh I know you ain't talking to me, punk!" Gajeel said, giving a scornful look at Sting, who just kinda froze under his gaze with Lector hiding behind him.

Sting said "Sorry but... Where's Natsu?"

"Straight to the point," Akiko pointed out.

"Why wasn't he in the fight today?" He continued.

No one answered him. Lector asks "What's the deal? Is he hurt? I-Is he gonna be ok?"

Akiko thinks about it, before shaking her head. "He'll be fine. The knucklehead is just doing his usual idiotic thing. You shouldn't worry."

I hope. Please be ok Natsu.