~ Chapter 34: Children ~

"So... Why are we letting them live here for a week again?" Sting asks, sighing.

Akiko muttered "Don't. Complain. I wasn't going to leave them at my place - I kinda need you if I want a good night nap," Sting smirked, pulling her close to his body.

"So you do admit that you need me," he teased. She looked away.

"Shut up and watch the brats with Lector and Shiro," she said. "I'm going to go cook."

"Ok," he said as he watches her leave.

---

"Alright kids, time to eat," Akiko called out.

Just as she said that, Sting came running in with the five youngest children chasing after him. "Aki! Help me!" He hid behind his mate.

Akiko sighs, before saying "That's enough. Time to eat."

"Ok!"

All ten of them sat down and began to eat. Akiko muttered "I can't believe you're having trouble with children. How did you even get yourself chased down by them?"

He mumbled "We were playing a game of tag."

She rolled her eyes before ruffling his hair. "Just eat, will ya?"

"Ok," he grabbed his plate of food and began to eat. His eyes lit up, and he began chowing down. "This is really good! I didn't know you could cook!"

The black-haired female chuckles, saying "How else do you think I survived on jobs, idiot? And don't eat so fast or you're going to choke."

"Yeah yeah!" He grinned.

Woah, they're like an actual married couple, Lector thought to himself, slightly amused and shocked at the same time.

---

Sting and the seven male children were in the bathroom, messing around around splashing water everywhere. All of them naked with big grins on their faces. They were suppose to be taking a proper shower but it seems that thought had gone out the window for them.

However, at some point, Sting slipped on some water and slid outside. Unfortunately Akiko had caught sight of him and smashed him with a book, shouting "Get back inside you idiot!"

"Yes ma'am!" He said, running inside.

He sighs in relief as he closes the door, before glaring at the males with a light blush on his face. Hiroshi chuckles, before realising something. "Hey, aren't you two supposed to be comfortable with seeing each other naked or something? You two are married right?"

Sting blushed heavily, and said, sounding disappointed "We're actually not. We only started dating a few weeks ago."

"Aw, that's too bad," a blue-haired version of Hiroshi said, his arms crossed. "And I would've thought you two would be at a higher level or something."

"Have you touched her boobs yet?" One of them asked, some blood dripping down his nose. This one was a pervert.

"Yeah yeah, have you?"

"Where do you kids get these ideas?" Sting shouted, embarrassed. "We haven't gotten that far yet," he muttered afterwards. The idea of her being naked in front of him, all vulnerable and obedient came across his mind. Blood began dripping down his nose. "Oh man," he muttered, quickly covering his nose while the children laughed.

---

Akiko was blushing as red as Erza's hair, steam wafting out of her head as she walked over to the three female kids. One of them was nine, another 7 and the last was 5.

"Is something wrong?" The blond-haired girl asks. She was the nine year old. She had beautiful, long blond-brownish hair with dark brown eyes. She wore a beautiful white summer dress with a blue vest on top. Despite her age, she was a very mature person but at times, can be a bit shy. Her name was Hitomi Brelinfire. "You're blushing like wildfire."

The black-haired female said "It's nothing. Just saw something... Is all."

"Let me guess," Hitomi said. "You saw your boyfriend naked?"

Her blush deepened heavily, Akiko just crossed her arms and said "Let's just get back to studying about history, alright?"

"Whatever you say," the blond female replied, sitting down at the coffee table with the other two.

The ice god slayer began to teach the three females the history of the world, math, language, and many other things that her friend and their 'parent' had asked her to teach them.

---

It was finally time for bed. Sting flopped onto the bed half-naked, he mumbled "Today was so hard. Taking care of children is hard."

"Well, there is ten of them if you didn't notice," Akiko stated, lying down beside him.

He immediately pulled her closer to his chest, snuggling into her warm body. He muttered "Why did you have to bring 'em without asking me, huh? You owe me later."

Akiko replied "If it makes you feel better, I'll do whatever you want for a week," his eyes lit up. "But no perverted stuff," she added, he pouted.

"Then what's the point?" He asks, a thought came to mind. "Never mind. I like that offer."

"Of course. Now get to sleep," she mumbled, her eyes closing.

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, a knock was heard at the door. Sting mutters "What now?"

She sat up, and got off the bed, sighing. She walked over to the door and opened it, revealing all ten kids in their night clothes. Hitomi holding onto Lector, who was asleep. She wore her regular clothes - since she didn't particularly have any other clothes to wear. Shiro was asleep around her neck, and has been for the entire day.

She asks "Is something wrong?"

Hitomi was fidgeting slightly, looking at the ground. She murmured "We can't get to sleep... So..."

Akiko sighs, before bending down to their level. "Fine, go raid the bed and Sting," their eyes lit up as the ran past her and towards the bed.

"What?" Sting half-yelled as he got squashed.

They all laid down on random places of the large-sized bed, smiles on their faces. They were quite close to each other, but not that close that they would disrupt each other's sleep. Sting mumbled some things under his breath as Akiko joined them on the bed. "Stop complaining and sleep," she said, snuggling up to him.

He just sighs, before wrapping his arms around her.

All of them fell asleep, peace in their mind.

---

A week passed and all of them had gotten pretty close together. However, now it was time for them to say their goodbyes. Despite having quarrels with them, Sting couldn't help but feel a little sad that they were leaving them now. He muttered "I'm going to miss having them around."

Akiko rolled her eyes, saying "So it wasn't as bad as you thought?"

"Yeah," he admitted, before hugging her from behind. "You know, you would make a great mother someday," he said with a grin. Akiko blushed, slightly shocked at what he said. "I'm not kidding. You're good with children."

"No, I'm not. Now shut up and let's go," she said, walking off.

Sting laughed at her cuteness, before running after her. "Oi! Wait up, Aki!" He called, easily catching up to her.

"So," he began. "How the hell did you learn to cook?"

She punched his arm playfully, saying "Just shut up and walk, will ya?"

"Alright, I'm just kidding," he pulled her into a side hug, leaning down to her ear. "Remember, your promise is starting tomorrow."

"I know."

I feel like I've made a deal with the devil now. I wonder what he has in store for me.