~ Chapter 5: Mates ~

"And now for the part you've all been waiting for! The battle portion!" Chapati announces. "Today's first match is pits Black Snake, the python of our First Placed guild against Lamia Scale's Old Toby!"

Black Snake was the winner of this match. During the battle, they had created a wager between each other during the match. If Toby won, his opponent would tell him his real name but if Black Snake wins, Toby would tell him his secret. Toby's secret was quite the disappointment to everyone. He had apparently lost his sock for a month now. Black Snake was kind enough to tell Toby where it was - the sock was around Toby's neck. It was quite stupid but did give everyone the feels - in a way. However, Black Snake cruelly tore Toby's precious sock into little pieces, leaving the poor dog-dressed human in tears.

"Should I feel pity or sad for him?" Akiko murmured, sighing.

She couldn't tell whether to feel stupid for the fact that Toby was crying over such a small thing, or pity that Black Snake had tore his precious sock into pieces.

Shiro hissed "Who knows? Certainly wasn't very entertaining."

---

"Let's move onto Day 2 head to head battles! From Quatro Cerberus, the god of wine! Bacchus!" Chapati introduced. "Fighting a member of Team Fairy Tail A! Elfman Strauss!"

Everyone was surprised that was for sure at the pairing, it was going to be more of a slaughter than anything else.

This pair up also made a bet. If Bacchus wins the match, Elfman's sisters would keep him company tonight at the same time. However, if Elfman won, they would have to change their team name to Quatro Puppy. Fortunately, Elfman managed to win against Bacchus, of course not unscathed, but at least he won.

---

"Master Mavis, please," Akiko pleaded quietly. "Don't make me go down there. I have some dignity to uphold and I rather keep my presence unknown."

Cana smirked, and said "Nah ah, Akiko! You're not getting anyway!"

The half naked girl grabbed the young girl by the wrist, pulling her down to the ground. "Lisanna, Evergreen, Levy! Come and help me!"

Akiko yelped. "No~!"

Seconds later...

A black-haired girl sat on the ground of the arena, wearing a white, scaled design bikini with a pouty look on her face. Her hair was still tied into a high ponytail with a ribbon, much to her pleasure while Shiro still stayed perch around her neck. The bikini revealed the white-coloured snake tattoo on her back that showed a coiled up snake sleeping, and underneath it, was her Fairy Tail guild mark.

This had all started when the competitors of the third round - Mirajane and Jenny - decided to have a pose-off instead of the regular, traditional fighting. Along with that, other female members from other guilds had entered the arena to pose for the audience as well. Although, the pose-off contest was still between Mirajane and Jenny. To which, led to this.

Thankfully, no one had noticed her yet, but that wasn't going to last for very long.

"Wait, that girl... She looks familiar... And I've seen that snake before," she narrowed her eyes as everyone stared at her.

There eyes widen in realisation.

---

Sting, Rufus, Orga, Rogue and Yukino's eyes widen, along with the exceeds. "No way," Sting said under his breath.

"She's actually here."

---

Laxus and Gajeel grinned. "Looks like the shrimps arrived," Gajeel stated.