~ Chapter 12: It Hurts ~

"It's a sunny day for magic and mayhem! We're ready to kick off Day 4's contest with a bang! Today's game is called 'Naval Battle.' That's right folks! Strap yourselves in and get ready for a scurlage in the sea!" Chapati continued to explain the rules of the contest.

The point was to try to stay in the bubble of water as long as you can, and be the last one standing, in a sense.

---

Akiko said "Can I enter this one?"

"Wouldn't it make sense to have Juvia enter this one?" Laxus asks.

The black-haired female grinned, "May be so, but I'm a ice god slayer. We do best underwater, after all, I can just freeze all the competitors and kick them out, right?"

"Yeah, that's true!" Gajeel said, grinning. "Go give 'em all you got, kid!"

"Dude, that's rude," Akiko muttered, before changing into a white bikini with red lining and white ruffles.

She jumped into the water bubble.

---

The participants were: Chelia of Lamia Scale, Jenny of Blue Pegasus, Lisley of Mermaid Heel, Minerva of Sabertooth, Rocker of Quatro Puppy, Lucy of Fairy Tail A and Akiko of Fairy Tail B.

The bell gonged, signalling the start of the battle. Akiko had ice underneath her feet, allowing her to literally run in the water. Lucy was the first to start the battle, summoning her powerhouse, Aquarius.

"This is my domain, you raising bimbos!" Aquarius yelled angrily, creating a riptide in the bubble.

Akiko froze the water tornado coming her way as soon as it made contact with her. She jumped out of the way as another water tornado came her way. She landed on top of the water tornado, it froze as soon as it made contact with her and the freezing happenings was moving closer and closer towards the water bearer. Aquarius was smart enough to stop her attack before the black ice could reach her. She attacked Akiko again, who just jumped around, freezing the tornados that came her way over and over again.

Meanwhile, Jenny had kicked Rocker of Quatro Puppy out of the bubble, making him claim last place.

It wasn't long before Aquarius baled out on Lucy for his man - Scorpio. Akiko was nice enough to ignore Lucy and choose a different target to take out. Akiko said "No more holding back. I guess," she crossed her arms out in front of her in an X shape. "Ice God Serpents!"

Serpents of ice shot out from her arms, hissing violently as they swam over to Chelia, Jenny and Lisley. Before the three even had time to react, they were captured by the serpents and thrown out of the field mercilessly. Minerva easily dodged the serpent and shattered it to pieces while Lucy blocked the attack with the help of Aries and Virgo.

"And it seems Ice Serpent is living up to her name! She has pushed out three out of bounds simultaneously! If she keeps this up, she's sure to be queen of the Naval Battle!"

Now, it was just her, Minerva and Lucy. Akiko's eyes narrowed as she saw the look on Minerva's face. It was malicious and dark. Akiko muttered "Sorry Lucy, but this is for your own good," she breathed in. "Ice God Bellow!"

With that, Lucy was pushed out of the arena, placing third in the contest. Now, it was just Minerva and Akiko.

"Now it's one on one! Will Sabertooth take the gold? Or will Fairy Tail snatch it away? The five minute rule is now in effect."

Just great, Akiko thought to herself. Minerva said, lifting up her hand "End of the line. I could send you flying out of this ring in the time it takes to blink," Akiko's eyes darken. "But the people came for a show and I intend to deliver. Try to survive," Minerva smiled darkly. "And be sure to scream," her hands glowed white.