~ Chapter 30: Jealous Jobs ~

"Idiotic moron," Akiko muttered as Sting looks like he was going to throw up.

He muttered "Hey!" He covered his mouth as he felt like puking again.

Lector could only watch Sting, having already getting use to this phenomenon happening on all the jobs they've gone on together. Even seems to be enjoying the scenes a little.

At the moment, they were on the train, making their way to a town called Kilon. A ten hour train ride to be exact. Sting asks "How much more before we reach the town?"

"9 hours," the black-haired female replied.

Sting groaned. Akiko sighs, getting tired of this. She gestured him to sit beside her, he didn't hesitate to obey her, before laying his head comfortably on her lap. He immediately relaxed as he feels her fingers comb through his hair, his mind at ease as he forgets about his sickness. He felt like he was absolute heaven, being with his mate and just particularly happy to be with her.

For Akiko, she loved playing with his hair. Despite looking spiky, it was quite soft and fluffy and she had a thing for soft and fluffy things. A win win for both of them.

It wasn't long before they reached their destination, Kilon. They walked through the bustling town, it seemed like a place that works matter most than your own personal health. In her arms was Lector, who was sleeping soundly. He had seemed to have caught Shiro's sleeping habit.

"Aki!"

The black-haired female stopped in her tracks as she heard the voice, Sting did as well. "What's wrong Akiko?" He asks.

She glanced over her shoulders to see Laxus walking over to them. She pointed at him, "That's what," she answered.

The blonde, muscled man stopped in front of her, a smirk on his face. His eyes looked back and forth between Akiko and Sting. He asks "What? Are you two on a date?"

"Yes," Sting said.

Akiko replied "No."

Both of them glared at each other. Akiko replied "We're on a job, if you're wondering, Laxus," Sting pouted.

Laxus laughs. "Kind of figured that," he said. "What kind of job are you two on?"

"Bandit hunting," she responded shortly. "Where's the Thunder Legion?"

The blonde replied "Off doing something with Evergreen, they've got dragged into shopping."

Sting couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. Laxus was taking all Akiko's attention from him, and a question still loomed in his mind.

Did he call her 'Aki'?

Noticing Sting's jealous face, Akiko decided to end the conversation. "That sounds just like her," she said. "We've got to get going now, so we'll see you later... I think," Laxus laughed patting Akiko's head.

"Have fun on your job," he said.

She growled slightly and swatted his hand away. "Yeah yeah. Come on, Sting," she walked off.

"Bye, Laxus," Sting said, before following after his mate.

He caught up to her, the question looming in his mind. An awkward silence was between them. Akiko sighs, before saying "If you have something to say, then say it."

She's reading me like a book, he thought to himself, before sighing. "Why did he call you Aki before?"

"It's just a nickname he sometimes call me, he doesn't use it often," she explained, she paused. "Jealous?" She mocked.

Sting huffed, before hugging Akiko from behind. "Of course," he admitted. "You're my mate, and only mine."

Akiko gave him a quick peck on the cheek, surprising him and she managed to slip out of his grasp. She continued to walk towards her destination, she muttered "I know."

Sting shook the blush away from his cheek before running after his mate once more.

---

"I didn't expect to be so many of them," Akiko commented as she slammed an attacking bandit into the ground. "Bandits are suppose to attack in small clusters, right?"

Sting said "Well, not this one. Besides, didn't you read the request?"

"No," Akiko replied.

He sighs. "The request said that this bandit group attack in large groups, rather than small ones," he passed the request paper to her.

She read the paper, smashing another bandit into the ground while dodging an attack. "Oh, I see," she kicked the bandit she dodged in the face. He flew into the air to who knows where.

---

"Idiotic moron," Akiko commented as they walked back to the Sabertooth guild. Sting didn't want to go on the train again, so they settled on walking instead. "You just had to destroy half of the city."

"Like you're one to talk, Aki," Sting said, using her nickname. "You did a lot more destruction than I did."

Lector said "You two should stop arguing, I mean, both of you ended up destroying half of the city."

Shiro hissed "Agreed."

"Whatever," Akiko said. "And who said you could use my nickname?"

Sting declared "I did! And you can't stop me!"

"Not like I was going to anyway," Akiko muttered. All of them laughed.