~ Chapter 15: I Promise ~

Akiko was walking around the city, ice trails following behind her as she hummed a quiet tune to herself. Shiro was back at Bar Sun, keeping an eye on his guildmates to make sure they didn't go on a rampage and destroy the Bar like before.

She heard something approaching her from behind, and turned around only to be tackled by something to the ground - after rolling down a hill that is. "Ow...," she mumbled, opening her eyes to see a blonde fluff of hair and sounds of crying. "Sting?"

He didn't say anything, only sobbed on her chest. Instead of pushing him off, she wrapped her arms around him, combing his hair gently while still laying down. She gently sat up, not moving her hands position and continued to stroke his hair. She opened her mouth, a quiet resonating sound coming out of her mouth, only meant for Sting to hear and no one else.

Cast away your worries, my dear

For tomorrow comes a new day

Hold to me, you've nothing to fearFor your dreams are not far away

As you lay your head and you rest

May your dreams take over my love

Listen close, my son of the west

For your destiny lies above

It pained her to see him like this, she didn't know why, but she just wanted him to stop. His loud sobs soon turned to quiet sniffings as he contently listens to her voice, snuggling into her warmth. She continued to stroke his hair, effectively calming him down.

Though the world is cruel

There's a light that still shines

In the darkest days of our lives

When all hope seems lost

And you can't find your way

Think of me as you look to the sky

She smiled to herself, noticing that no one was around made her glad - she didn't want anyone to see her like this. Being all soft was not something she did very often, and if anyone from Fairy Tail saw them like this... Well, things would get hectic. Plus, it didn't help that she rolled down a hill and possibly had made herself wait for another day or so before she was back to tip top shape.

Geez, my life is so hectic.

Child mine, your future is bright

For your father's blood are in your veins

In dark times, I pray you will fight

For the world will soon know your name

Her song finished and around this time, Sting had grown quiet. She asked with her usual stoic like voice "So, are you going to tell me or do you want me to just stay quiet till you feel better?"

He stayed silent, only burying his face further into the nape of her neck. You're so lucky I'm a nice person, Sting. Or I would've kicked you off by now, she thought to herself. A thought occurred to herself. I swear if he falls asleep I'll kill him.

After a bit more silence, he finally spoke. "M'lady has taken Lector hostage, and I can't take get him back unless we win the Grand Magic Games... I don't know what to do," his voice started to crack once more. "I just don't know...."

He was threatening to start crying again. She said, slightly panicking "Please don't cry, Sting. Please don't."

"I'm sorry..."

She sighs. "Don't apologise either. Now look at me."

"Don't want to," he said like a whiny child.

She frowned, she said "Don't start sounding like a whiny child."

"Now you're starting to sound like my mother," he muttered.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she said, rolling her eyes. "Now, please look at me."

He reluctantly lifted his head to look at her, his eyes slightly puffy from crying and his eyes looking anywhere but her. Now I'm actually regretting asking him to look at me, she thought to herself before kissing his forehead. His eyes widen slightly, his eyes making eye contact with the red orbs of Akiko.

She leaned her forehead on his, her eyes closing. "Don't worry. Lector will be fine. I promise. I'll bring that precious red kitty exceed of yours back, trust me," she said, her tone serious and firm. She meant those words.

His eyes widen before he nodded, hugging her once more. However, his next action surprised her. Her eyes widen, her lips connected to the blonde boy in front of her.