chapter 23

Hello beautiful, the binding tattoo up above. I just got back from Japan (last night) and it was really amazing and beautiful. But my bosses wants to make me work today and I am so dead. I told them no but you know how bosses are. Have a great day!

________________________________________________________________________________ 

Catos pov

"You don't have to renounce the throne for your children or their children but... just you, then I will become king and kill our father. And just to be nice, if I die prematurely I will say that you with your mate will be king and queen. Ok?"

 I know he'll say yes, but I wish I didn't have to make him do this. If I die then he can have the throne but now that I know the truth about my mother's death.

 I need to kill him, all my anger for the past couple hundred years was directed at the wrong person. And now that I know the truth my need for Revenge and my anger is tenfold.

 I will kill him. My own father, Our Father. I never liked him anyway he was always mean and cruel after his mate died. He should have died right alongside her, then everyone would be happy and I wouldn't have had to hate my brother for so long. 

I'm angry at my father for obvious reasons but I think I'm most angry on myself for hating Lucifer so much for so long, even though it wasn't his fault.

 "Ok... I will but you must bind your promise about our kids. If they are born before yours they will have the right to the throne. Agreed?" I nod.

 I reach into my back pocket and take out a knife then I place it on my arm instantly drawing blood "I Cato child of hell promise if I become the king Lucifer's children will have the right to the throne, and if I die prematurely Lucifer will have the throne. As long as it isn't him who kills me."

 I have to have a failsafe, all those years of hate ting him has left me a bit weary of everyone. My blood runs down my arm completing a circle of blood. 

The blood seeps into the skin and makes a binding tattoo (up above). It makes me bound, by my life to up hold the promise. "I heard that" I can't help but smile "sorry, I'll try and break that habit.." try is a stretch, I don't think that will happen.

 "Then... I renounce my claim to the throne brother, now all we have to do is talk to our father. Will you be all right? Seeing him? Without killing him... yet?"

 I just don't know any more if I see him will my anger consume me? Will it be enough to see him lying on the ground dead? If I do this, which I will... But what would be my purse this after that? It's all I thought about for so long. 

Once the deed is done and I'm free of this crushing need to avenge my mother what will I do after?... Run hell but what else, I think the rule about the king or queen having a mate is so that they have a purpose and someone to support them. I don't have that. I want to but I've never found the one.

 "I will try my best to be alright but for the moment we should probably go and stop the demons so no more die." Lucifer sighs in response "what are you going to tell them? They hate me" within a millisecond I respond "the truth".

Lucifer laughs "do you think it will be that easy, you've a lot to learn" I know that, I chuckle a little. "My demons trust me and my judgement, I will make them see, and if I need to I will MAKE them see" my mother was a fairy. 

One of her abilities was to manipulate the eyes and what they see, it's one of the few abilities that I inherited from my mother. "We need to stop the battle now but when will Ali wake up? I don't really want her seeing the Carnage outside."

 Lucifer says sighing a little bit "she should wake up in about 10 minutes but she'll be loopy for 5 minutes approximately after waking up." Now I'm really glad I didn't do anything to her.

 "We should probably head down there now if we want to minimize the deaths and make sure that Ali is still asleep while we're away" Lucifer mumbles something along the lines of fine as if he couldn't care less as long as he could stay with Ali. 

He still comes down with me, through the castle and down to where the battle is. There's a bunch of bodies and blood mixed with mud and dirt.

Not all of the blood is red like humans but some it's green like fresh growing, some blood is as blue as the sky, some is black like the dead of night and here and there there's bright pink splashes of blood bright and Rosy like a newborn's skin. 

How are we going to stop them from continuing killing each other? All of the demons are so immersed in killing the other side that they don't even notice we walk out of the castle. 

Lucifer in his deepest, darkest, and most commanding voice I've ever heard, even more commanding than our father's voice he yells "STOP" he may not have the aptitude for commanding hell but he has all of the talents.

 As soon as that word leaves his mouth everyone stops and it is silent for breaking moment then you can hear all the demons turning simultaneously to look upon Lucifer.

 Now it's my turn he has grabbed their attention but only those who follow him will listen to him anyone who follows me will just feel hatred. But it does look that my side was winning. 

"The battle has ended, for my demons who are still angry at Lucifer come to me and I shall explain why I have stopped fighting my brother." As soon as I said that the battle was over almost every single demon under my command looks angry.

 Now that they have heard everything I had to say they start shuffling towards me. I stepped the side of my castle so that all my demonic soldiers come to the side. In the corner of my eye I see Lucifer walking over to his men.

 Most are screaming how I have betrayed them, others listen patiently with scowls on their faces. I may not be able to command such Authority in my voice but I am a son of hell and I can to an extent summon up Authority that will make them listen to me.

 I yell at them "SILENTS" as soon as they stop talking I start to tell them what happened "Lucifer has told me the truth about what we are all angry at, we think that he killed our loved ones and went on those murderous rages, but in fact it was not Lucifer. 

It was our father, Satan. He killed my mother so Lucifer's mother was happy and he went on murderous rages when his mate died but he has a powerful ability to change minds and how they see things.

 He casted his ability on to everyone who might have seen what he did and he blamed it on Lucifer." I wait a couple seconds to let the information sink in and then continue "I know what you might be thinking my fellow demons.

 That he might have lied to me or that I could have been tricked or even that why would Satan our King do that. I can tell you for certain that Lucifer did not lie to me I could see it in his eyes and the moment he told me he thought he had lost everything.

 He had no reason to lie, and if our father had been exposed for what he had done then surely he would have been dethroned which I know he would have done anything to keep his throne."

 This time I wait for their reactions and for what they will say. It's a lot to take in and I am having problems accepting it. But I have always known in the back of my mind that Luke is not a monster.

 I look back to see you where Luke was standing he's now talking to his General and it looks like he is getting his reinforcements to raise the dead. Good thing they were demons they're easier to raise from the dead than humans.

 A Chorus of voices start talking all at once they're discussing among themselves if they should believe it or not. Some look like they have already accepted and others just look angrier I hear one voice yelling "then let's kill the king."

 At that I yell " don't worry, I will kill the king in the most ironic way possible. Lucifer has agreed to allow me to be king and then when I am King I will kill Satan with my own two hands." There is a few seconds of Silence then the demons burst out, some laughing some Screaming joyous screams.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed. Vote and Comment!