Chapter 8 (edited)

Hello beautiful, I hope you liked the last chapter! The thing that she sees eyes. Yay it's summer!

________________________________________________________________________________

As the demon looks at me in the darkness of my room he says"I won't take you away... yet," in a low but oddly gentle tone, in response to my fear-contorted face.

He won't take me yet?...

"Yet?" I ask questioningly, "Yet..." he pauses, "I will come to get you soon..."

"When...?" I can't finish my sentence, but he understands what I mean.

"When... when indeed... When the time is right," He says in a pretentious voice.

"But don't worry I won't hurt you." The eyes fade into the darkness, like they were never there.

This cryptic exchange has left me with an abundance of questions. When is the right time? Tomorrow? A week from now? Years from now? Will he really not hurt me? What will happen to me when he takes me? What does he want with me? Can I hide from him?

I have so many questions and I only have an answer for one of them. Can I hide from him?... No, I can't.

Throughout the night, these thoughts plague my mind not allowing me a wink more sleep.

*Ring* *Ring*

*Ring* *Ring*

The sun is rising behind my head. The different colors of light shining on my walls. I love sunrises because I almost never see them... I'm not a morning person.

*Ring* *Ring*

Oh! That's my phone!

*Ring* *Ring*

I swipe left to pick up the call and activate speakerphone.

"Hey," my voice comes out a little rough *cough*.

"Hey, Bitch! We haven't talked in forever," Amie says.

"It has literally been 24 hours. You give me a call every day at the same time." I chuckle and sit up, casting a dark shadow through the colors of the sunrise.

"Ya, that's because we both have classes and I have a guy who is just as horny as me, so... no time."

I eww at that. "Give me a second while I throw up."

Amie laughs, "Ya you know you're just jealous."

It's true. I have always wanted a boyfriend, but when I have liked them, it hasn't been mutual. When guys have liked me, their touch has always felt wrong. It's not that I don't like boys. I have guy friends and they hug me and we horse around, but when a guy who likes me touches me, it's somehow... wrong.

"Ya, like I would want a such horny boyfriend... Mackenzie's nice, but wow I don't even want to imagine what you do together - you're such a perv."

She laughs, "You know it!"

"I have to get ready for class, so I'll talk to you later. Why don't you come over around 8 pm?"

Aime grunts, "Fine, Bitch. We can talk more later."

"Bye, my little pervert," we hang up and I fall back on my bed.

Those eyes.... Those red eyes... Not cold... Warm... Not hard.... Caring... But why?...

I look over at the clock. It's 9 am... "OH SHIT!" Class starts soon and it's a guest Prof. today. He doesn't admit late students. I literally jump out of bed and run around my room to find something to wear. I grab the first thing I see - a tight black shirt with white splotches on it. I slip on some bootcut jeans,grab my bag and put on my regular black running shoes.

I grab my keys, helmet, and my black leather jacket. I run out of my house, hop on my bike and I bolt out of my back yard like a bat out of hell. I love the wind... I get there and quickly turn the bike off and kick up the stand. When it's all good, I run to my class...

I'm late, but only by 5 minutes. I open the door and the ancient Prosneers at me, "Oh, so someone else decided to show up. Glad it's convenient for you."

Oh shit. Not good!

"I'm sorry, Professor."

He gives me a disgusted look, "You're sorry?! You're wasting my time! Get the hell out!" I'm usually one of his favourite students, but he has zero tolerance for tardiness.

I look down... Someone's hand is on my shoulder.

I look behind me... it's Luke, "That's no way to treat a lady." He looks down at me with a caring expression, but when he sees a tear fall from one of my eyes, his expression changes to anger.

"You're late too. Well then you can both leave my class," Luke looks up at the professor and his face somehow... Hardens.

He lifts his hand off my shoulder and walks to the professor. He walks normally but somehow it feels menacing. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not where the prof is.

The prof instinctively backs up, until his back is against the board, smearing its content. Luke tips his sunglasses down, so just the prof can see his eyes. The prof looks shocked and scared.

Then Luke lifts his glasses back into place and bends down to the prof's ear and whispers something only he can hear. He lets out a small whimper that I doubt anyone other than Luke and I can hear. Luke glares back at the prof a final time before walking back to me.

He gives a small smile then whispers in my ear "let's go to our seats" his words are normal but his tone makes me shiver. I nod and we go to our seats.

The prof takes a couple of minutes to compose himself, then continues with the lesson. Throughout the lesson, he keeps looking at us then quickly looking away.

Near the end, he says, "Everyone gets a partner. One partner will complete a research paper in two days on cell mutation and cell division. It must have examples of real-life mutations that are advantageous and harmful, or even fatal. It must be handwritten, so I will be able to tell who wrote it and if they had help from their partner. When it's complete, you will hand it in. Two days later, the other partner will present the paper to the class.. The partner who writes the paper is not allowed to show the other the paper, only explain it." Most of the class groans at this, "And if you can do this without cheating, you and your partner will be exempted from the final project." At that, the whole class cheers.

"Calm down. If I even suspect you of cheating, your mark will go down by 10%."

I sigh, "It would be nice to be exempted, but wow he's going to be hard."

Luke nods at me, saying, "We should be partners."

I nod back, "That would be great... How about you come over to my house around 4 or 5?"

He gives me a big smile, nodding "4:30 then."

I laugh, "Perfect." We both get up from our seats. He gives me a smile that I return, but I have to get home so I can draw... those eyes... I head off to my bike.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed! vote and comment!