Chapter 1 Start (edited)

Hey beautiful, Amies eyes up top I hope you like it! I know the first few chapters are boring but I promise by chapter 7 things will pick up! also please donate if you like my book at https://www.patreon.com/doctorwhosarah

______________________________________

My name is Ali and I'm 17. I go over to my friend Amie's house all the time and almost every time I go, we play the Ouija board. This time I want to do it at my house. Let me explain. My mother, father, and little brother just died in a car accident two and a half weeks ago.

After their accident I became a bit of a shut-in. Someone came to my house and told me I had inherited the house, my parent's small fortune and their life insurance, including my brother's. I don't have any known relatives because my parents eloped when they fell in love, and their families disowned them because they disagreed with the marriage. My father had been about to go through an arranged marriage, but loved my mother. So I don't know of any of my relatives. I have also not been talking to anyone, including Amie, since the accident, despite all her attempts. I have been doing my high school homework online for the past week. They tried to make me take the rest of the semester off, but I know it won't look good for university. So I told them I would do the work at home for a little while.

I had been in a state of shock and denial until the funeral, it was beautiful but my eyes were always so full of tears that I couldn't focus on anything. The funeral is when it actually hit me that I was alone. I cried all night, until I had an epiphany remembering Amie's Ouija board. So naturally, I texted Amie.

"Hey... um, I know we haven't talked in awhile, but could you come over with the Ouija board?"

She replies instantly, "Are you FUCKING kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's the first text you send me in weeks!!?!?!?"

Ok yeah, I knew she would be angry but.... Wow.

"I'm sorry Amie. I just needed some time - will you forgive me?"

She loves me and can't stay mad at me. We both know it.

"You better give me chocolate, pizza AND pop, Bitch."

Well, if she is calling me Bitch, I know she has forgiven me.

"Ok, deal. You bring the board and I'll supply the food, Pervert."

Those are our terms of endearment, Bitch and Pervert.

~*~

Thirty minutes later, she is at my door. She is 18 and just got a car.

I open the door and Amie slaps my boob. She is under 5 feet tall, so she can't actually reach my face. "Do you feel better, Pervert?" I say. Amie nods and hugs me.

"Are you feeling better? You put me through hell at school without you Bitch!" Oh my Amie... you haven't changed.

"Yes, and I'm sorry," I tell her apologetically. She looks like she's about to cry. "Ok, now come on inside out of the cold," I say, looking at her. She nods and walks straight to the kitchen to help herself to some pizza. "You brought the board, right?" I ask her.

"Yes, I brought my board," she says. I love Amie's Ouija board. It's old and made of wood. The eye of the planchet. It is wood and glass with a pattern on it, it looks really old with words on the outside but I can't make them out.

"You want to talk to them, don't you, Ali?" This time, I nod. "Don't do it! It's only been a short time - you will probably break if you do it now... and remember what happened last time..." She trails off.

Oh yeah.... I couldn't forget that.

The eye started moving around the whole board, but would not go the 'Goodbye' at the bottom until all four people, including me, forced it to. I remember when I looked through the eye, all I saw was a dark shadow above Amie. It said it was her ancestor and wanted to live again through Amie, to experience life within this time period.

When it saw me looking, it first walked slowly then very quickly to me and sat beside me on the floor. It mouthed out with the only part of the shadow that wasn't black, its lips ... "The lips will do nicely too." Then it vanished.

We only did Ouija once after that, but nothing odd like that happened.

"I know, but I need to talk to them, Amie!", she looked at me with so much pity, it hurt.

"Alright., but if something like...that happens again, we stop it... Ok?" she said, looking at me.

"Alright, thanks Perv. I did some research and found the best way to call up spirits. Can we do it before eating?" Amie doesn't like that idea.

"Ugh! I'm hungry! But fine, you're more important than my starvation." She is such a good and sassy friend. She puts the board on the table and I get out five tall candles and eight small ones.

"Why so many candles? That's like triple what we usually use."

"Five tall ones to make a pentagram, as if we are two candles inside the pentagram. Then the Eight small ones are to make a circle. Four go to the cardinal points - north, east, west, and south, and the other four are for in between, like northwest and so on." As I'm telling her this, I'm laying them out on the ground, so they are far enough apart that we can get into the circle, but close enough to keep it a consistent shape.

"You..." she stammers, "Really did a lot of research..." she trails off. I know she is worried about me, but I need this. I light the candles, then sit on the ground.

"Come on Amie!" She is hesitant at first, but follows my lead. "Place the board on our knees, then let me start, ok?" as I look at her expectantly.

"Ummm... Sure..." We place the cool board on our knees. It is solid and a bit heavy. I take the eye.

"Now, just say what I say." She nods. "Spirits far and near, I call to you." She repeats what I say, her voice breaking.

"I call to you... I call to you... I call to you... COME!" we speak in unison, as Amie and I move the eye around the board to show how many of us there are. The candles flicker from a slight wind.

"Is anyone there? If you are... Move the eye."

The eye violently goes to the 'Yes'.

"Is this my family?"

It goes to the 'Yes', but then goes to the letters, spelling out "S-O-O-N." That's weird.....

"Are you my mother?"

It goes to the 'No' very quickly.

"Are you my father?"

'No' again.

"Then, are you my brother...?" I trail off. This is scaring me.

It slowly goes to the 'No'.

"Then...Who are you?"

The board doesn't respond.

"Do... do you mean us harm?"

It quickly goes to the 'No,' then it spells out 'N-E-V-E-R'.

"Do you know me?"

It seems to spell out, 'N-O-T Y-E-T.'

"What do you want?"

It spells out 'Y-O-U'.

"... Amie?" I ask with a shaky voice.

It moves to 'No'.

"... Me...?" I ask, my voice cracking in fear.

It goes to 'Yes' so quickly that Amie could not keep up. Her hands are shaking.

"Amie... help me say goodbye."

The eye is jerking and staying on the 'No'. Amie is white as a sheet.

"Help me, Amie!" I say, my voice filled with fear. I'm pulling and pulling, but it just won't move. Amie slowly puts her fingers on the eye and her head shoots up. Looking up.

______________________________________
Vote and comment!