60. Everything Has Changed

Jobe's POV:

I headed over to Jolie's house, stomping up the driveway as I did so. I knew she was ignoring me, because there would be no other reason to not call me back the many times I've called.

Heading up to her red door, I finally drew up the courage to knock about a dozen times.

The door swung open, Jolie Drake answering, her phone in one hand and her keys in the other.

"Where are you going?" I asked, being my nosy self.

"To your house, actually. I wanted to say I'm sorry." She answered.

"No, I'm sorry for not coming sooner. I'm sorry for not telling you goodbye before leaving Houston." I blurted.

"What are you sorry for?" I continued.

"I'm sorry for getting mad that you forgot to tell me by before leaving Houston. I know you didn't know I was mad because I wasn't answering my phone, but I was mad and had no reason to be." Ha, I knew something was up. I knew I should have just said bye!

"It seems like we've both screwed up. Jolie, I don't want you to ever think I could forget about you. The time we've spent together doesn't go away just because we left Houston. I could never fake that time together and then leave you. You, Jolie Drake, are the love of my life, and I'm not going to lose you over something so silly.

"You never lose Jobe Boston." She smiled, her face lightening with a sense of happiness.

"You're right about that." I laughed.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, and you know what else I'm right about?" I asked.

"What's that?" She cocked her head to the side.

"That I'm going to kiss you, crazy girl." I waited for no reply as I dipped my head down and reached for what was only my kiss.

"I love you." I breathed.

"I love you too."

**