DANCE AWAY

Dancing has been a part of my life since I could remember. I don't actually remember starting dance, I just always knew it was a part of me. I was always told, "Hear the music, feel the dance."

My mom was also a dancer until she married my father. They later got divorced and I got stuck with my mom who wants me to be just like her and follow her dreams. While my twin sister Arabella got stuck with my father and went to law school, Harvard to be exact. My dad was a professor there making it easier for her to get accepted and attend. I have not really got to see her unless you counted FaceTime, which I did not. I missed her.

Arabella and I were two different people. I sometimes wondered how I would turn out if I had gone with my dad instead of my mom. Would I be dancing still? It was a question that always haunted me. I haven't seen my dad since the divorce,he never bothered to call. My mom told me he hated me; Arabella told me he was just busy teaching at Harvard. All I heard was excuses.

I was nineteen when my adventure started, well my new adventure that was. I lived with my mother to follow my dream, or so I thought. I was a ballet dancer, people think that is easy and perfect but it's not. It's hard work, I had blisters on my feet all the time, and pain was just a part of my life.  A spot came open on the team "Twelve Dancers" and my mom made sure that I got an audition. I honestly didn't want to be in "Twelve Dancers". I had a different dream in mind, it was far from my mother's dream. I just wished I could pursue it.

Growing up I was never allowed to have a boyfriend because "boys get in the way of dance." I honestly didn't know a damn thing about love, unless you doubted the book I read where one gets cheated on or the boy dies. Yes, I am talking about The Fault In Our Stars. It's a tragic love story honestly, it always made me cry.

That was my life, more or less. My world was dance, nothing more or less than. Or at least it was that way until I got a job I just could not refuse.
And that was my life, more or less.