trettitre

I woke up slowly the next day. Chris had himself wrapped around me entirely, his head snuggled up in my neck as he let out quiet snores, tickling me. I tried not to giggle at the vibrations going through my neck every time Chris let out a loud breath and looked around the room. Light was slightly peeking in through the curtains and it's reflection on the wood made the room seem peaceful. I sighed in comfort, I had missed America.

Chris shifted around me, loosening one of his arms slightly before taking a different position. I examined his face to see if he was awake, but nothing signaled that he was. I let my index finger trace over his entire face, making figures that led from the corners of his mouth, to his nose and up to his eyes. I brushed his eyebrow into place slightly, feeling kind of jealous about how great they were.

I closed my eyes again and nuzzled into Chris's warm body. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly, pulling him closer to me. I buried my head in his shoulder, sniffing up his scent before letting my head rest on his neck. I wanted to stay in bed all day. Just as I was about to drift off to sleep again, Chris stirred underneath me. I lazily opened my eyes to see the handsome boy awake and looking back at me. I smiled.

"Good morning," I sighed, stretching myself out before turning to look at him again. His undone hair was all over the place and his eyes were barely open, and it was honestly the cutest sight. Chris kissed my cheek repeatedly.

"Morning, beautiful," he whispered back, nuzzling his nose into my cheek. My small hand grabbed his forearm, and I could feel his muscles even though he wasn't flexing. I enjoyed the feeling of his strong arms in my hands and pulled myself closer to him, kissing the corner of his mouth. He took this as an opportunity to press his lips onto mine and kissed me softly and lazily.

"You guys are so adorable I might barf," a voice suddenly sounded from the doorway. I jumped a little and pulled back from Chris, turning around to see who dared to interrupt our lazy morning. It was my sister. I frowned at her and before I could ask, she started speaking again. "You guys slept until twelve. Dad and I had breakfast already but he's making lunch now, so feel free to join us."

Nadine turned around and I groaned, did I seriously have to miss breakfast? I guess that was a con of having a boy over, if you weren't awake by the time the rest was, they weren't going to storm into your room to include you in their plans. This was bad though, because dad made the best breakfast ever.

"C'mon, we're going downstairs to eat," I nudged Chris who had closed his eyes again. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes to look at me.

"Do we have to?"

"You don't have to, but I'm going," I scoffed, "I already missed breakfast, and my dad's breakfasts are great, so I'm not about to miss lunch, too." Chris let out a whine but got himself out of bed after I got up and left only the cold to cuddle him. I tied my hair into a bun and rubbed my eyes, making myself somewhat presentable before going downstairs. Chris slid on a pair of sweatpants — that looked great on him, by the way, and pulled a shirt over his head before following me down the stairs.

"Good morning," I greeted my dad who was sitting at the kitchen table, reading a newspaper while waiting for us. Nadine was seated beside him, tapping away on her phone.

"Good afternoon," my dad corrected me with a smile, "how did you guys sleep?"

"Great," Chris smirked, pulling back the chair besides mine and sitting himself down on it. My dad smiled at both of us before getting up and walking to the kitchen, coming back with a pan a couple minutes later.

"I saved you guys some breakfast," he grinned, knowing how much I loved his recipe for pancakes. He placed them down, "do you guys want scrambled eggs?"

"Yes please," I exclaimed, "cheesy ones." Dad smiled and nodded, knowing very well how I liked my scrambled eggs.

"Yeah, I would like some, too," Chris nodded.

"With cheese?" dad asked. Chris just nodded in response and shot my dad a smile before digging into the different kinds of pancakes lying in the pan. Dad had made chocolate chip pancakes, banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes, and I could honestly not get enough of them. They were so good.

When I almost finished my second pancake, dad walked towards the kitchen table with a pan full of scrambled eggs, dividing them onto all four of our plates. I digged in quickly, not wanting them to get cold before I started eating them.

Although I hadn't looked forward to this week very much, I couldn't deny that I hadn't missed America and that I loved being here.