fire

My alarm woke me up, the noise almost nauseating. I groaned and turned around in my bed, now laying on my stomach as I attempted to continue sleeping.

"Honey, are you awake?" my mom knocked on the door and I let out another groan in response. After another five minutes of just laying on my bed I pulled myself out. I played some music and sang along as I started to get ready. It was Friday today, the day of the party. I put on a cute outfit and did a natural make-up look before walking downstairs to eat breakfast. Chris and I hadn't talked for the rest of the week, except for the text telling me William's address and a 'thanks'. He had winked at me though, in the hallway.

"What do you want for breakfast?" my little sister Nadine asked.

"Uh, cereal," I said without looking up from my phone. She put a white bowl with cereal in front of me and I mumbled a thank you.

Nadine groaned, "what's got you so swamped that you can't even look up from your phone and have breakfast with me?" she asked, taking my phone from my hands with one swift motion.

"Nadine, no—"

"Oooh, it's a boy!" she exclaimed, scrolling trough Chris's instagram feed. "He's handsome, is he your boyfriend?"

"No," I sighed, putting my head in my hands, "he's not my boyfriend."

"Too bad," she shrugged, "if you won't date him I will."

"You're fourteen for fuck's sake, Nadine. Chill," I grabbed my phone back from her and continued to stare at Chris's pictures. I checked the time and saw I had to leave for school.

"Bye mom!" I yelled upstairs. I didn't even wait for an answer as I slammed the front door shut. Ten minutes later, I arrived at Nissen high school.

"Morning," I smiled at Sana and Chris, who where the only two at school yet. They said hello and continued to tap away on their phones. I grabbed my own phone and stalked Chris until first bell rang and class officially started.

"I texted William," Noora said, walking beside me. That caught my attention, as I locked my phone and turned to face her.

"And?"

"Well, I said I was looking forward for tonight, and he said that he was too and that he couldn't wait to see me there," Noora sighed, "I don't know what to do anymore."

"You like him," I teased. Noora shoved me slightly and I chuckled, walking into class and waiting for her to sit next to me.

She dropped her stuff on the table, "you're lucky I'm even sitting with you right now," she smirked. I laughed and grabbed my books and laptop as I waited for class to start.

"I can't take this anymore," I groaned as I let my head rest on the cold table. This class was taking way too long for my liking. Noora chuckled.

"Economy sucks, doesn't it?" She asked. I nodded agreeing.

"It's like being dragged to hell and back within one hour," I sighed.

Noora nodded, "I know."

The rest of class was being spent secretly playing games on my laptop. "Shit," I cursed as I lost from Noora once again. She giggled and put her head on my shoulder in satisfaction.

"I'm better at this than you are," she grinned up at me, her signature red lips making her shiny, white teeth stick out perfectly. I didn't respond and just clicked the game away. I never handled losing games very well.

Finally, the bell rang. Next class was History, I had it together with Isak. Isak wasn't very good at History, or just school in general. But sitting with him was fun so I didn't mind. I found my way to the other side of school to get to the History classroom. I walked in a little late, and hurried to sit down next to Isak.

"Miss Jensen, care to explain why you're late?" Mr Jørgensen asked me.  I sighed.

"I'm sorry sir, my last class was at the other side of school so that's why I'm kind of late," I explained. Mr Jørgensen nodded and continued with his class.

"Hey," Isak nudged me, "do you get this exercise?" I turned to see his notebook, only to notice he was seven exercises behind on the rest of the class.

"Yeah, I can help you with that," I said, deciding not to make a comment about how far behind he was. After a while of helping Isak with his exercises, the bell rang again. Time for lunch break.

"Thanks for helping me," Isak said, while we walked towards the cafeteria.

"No problem," I smiled, pushing open the big doors leading there. Isak and I then separated ways, him to find his friends and I to find mine.