tjueseks

Lila: so when are we going to hang?

Michelle: SOON!! i missed u guys

Elle: same my gosh!

Elle: i'm leaving for America on Sunday,
but i guess Saturday would work for me?

Noora: can't. have very important
plans with william.

Lila: Friday maybe??

Elle: works for me

Michelle: me too!

Noora: Friday it is!

There was a knock on the door and then it opened, revealing Chris. I looked up from Lila's phone screen, which was displaying a meme, and looked up into his eyes. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hi," he smiled back, his eyes traveling to Lila. Lila stood up exitedly, throwing her phone into my lap before approaching Chris with her hand stuck out. Chris looked a bit taken aback by how forward Lila was, but he shook her hand anyway.

"I'm Lila. I've been Elle's best friend for years now, but she got too busy for me when she met you," she introduced herself. Chris looked over at me and grinned.

"That's.. interesting to hear. I think I'm going to like this one," he smirked, eyeing me. He then turned his gaze back to Lila, "nice to meet you, Lila." I looked at the two and smiled at how easily they were getting along already.

Chris plopped down on the couch next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head. "Hey, babe," he mumbled, burying his face into my hair.

"Hi," I whispered, grabbing his hand and squeezing it a little. Lila let herself fall on one of the big chairs, taking the chocolate cake on her lap before clicking play on the movie we were watching. I rolled my eyes at my best friend, jealous of how she could eat and eat and gain nothing.

"Did you start packing for America yet?" Chris whispered in my ear, not wanting to ruin the movie for Lila.

I scoffed, "are you crazy? I already finished. You know how much I stress over things like this." Chris laughed through his nose and squeezed me in his arms.

"One of the reasons why I like you so much," he mumbled into my ear, kissing right underneath it. My heart fluttered at the sound of those words. They were no I love you, I was aware of that, but they were something. Something to hold onto. Something to gain a little faith in him and what his plans were with 'us'.

"Are you guys hungry, too?" Lila asked, throwing the empty cake box onto the table. Chris laughed loudly at that and I just shook my head, smiling. She was a pig.

"Actually, I am kind of hungry. Pizza, on me," Chris offered. I was ready to protest, not willing to let him pay for me, but before I had the chance to Lila already accepted. There was no way she'd let a chance at free food slip. "Okay, let's go." Chris wrapped his arms around my shoulders and walked me to his car, setting me down in the back seat before walking to the driver's seat. Lila called shotgun, so she sat next to Chris in the front. Lila had already figured out how to work the music system and hooked her Spotify up, playing some Justin Bieber song I'd heard on the radio a couple of times before. She sang along loudly and falsely, making Chris laugh and look in the rear view mirror.

"I'd love to hear you girls sing together, I'm sure it'd be touching," he mused, grinning at me. I leaned forward and slapped the back of his head softly, making sure he'd still be able to keep his focus on the road.

"Lila and I are lovely singers. We actually do concerts together, for my mom. She always says she loves it, so shut it," I whined, earning another laugh from Chris.

"Alright, babe," he chuckled. The rest of the ride consisted of Lila and I singing along to all our old jams and Chris wincing at false notes occasionally.

"We're here," Lila yelled, looking at the pizza place happily, "we're about to enter heaven." Chris and I laughed at her and got out of the car. We followed Lila's fast pace into the pizza restaurant and sat down at a booth, because Lila and I insisted on a booth.

"Can I take your order?" a blonde boy scanned our faces and winked at me, making me frown and Chris narrow his eyes at him.

"Yeah," Chris spoke up, "I'd like a pizza Mozarella and as a drink I'd like a Get The Hell Away From My Girlfriend." The blonde boy's eyes widened and he stumbled backwards a bit.

"I— I'm so sorry, I didn't know.." he stammered.

"Well, now you do," Chris responded bitterly. I looked at him wide-eyed. The boy quickly took the rest of our orders and left. My mind was going crazy. He just called me his girlfriend.

"You just.." I whispered.

Chris grabbed my hand over the table, "can't have anyone try and steal you from me," he grinned.