Chapter Twenty :RE

•Touka•

"Are you familiar with the ghoul Eyepatch?"
"Yes."

"Do you have any relations to this ghoul currently?"
"No."

"When was the last time you officially had any form of relation or contact with Eyepatch?"
"Several years ago."
"Do you know how many?"
"I've been in here long enough not to remember," the girl half-chuckles, half-says. Hinami's head is bowed towards her knees; a smirk resting on her face as though its entitled to be there. I shift uncomfortably in my seat as I yank my left sleeve up to quickly check the time; we've been here several hours and the only information I've managed to get out of her is stuff I already know - stuff she knows I know. Hinami lets out another chuckle; this scene, this situation. It's mortifying, terrifying to see my once sweet, innocent little sister Hinami so provoked, mislead; so lost and cold. She's nothing like the Hinami I once knew and loved. I sigh as I restrain from letting a river flow. I hold my breath. I speak.

"...Suspect 745, your file indicates that you were arrested by the CCG during a raid under Division 04, under Aogiri. Is this information true?" Hinami giggles a little more before slamming her hands down on the table with such brute force the table shakes, alerting the guard to attention. My heart racing, I recline back in my chair in the most calm manner possible. If there's anything I know about spending my time with the CCG, it's that remaining calm and collected is an agent's greatest advantage. "Of course it's true! I wouldn't be in this godforsaken institution if your traitor ass and bastard pals hadn't of thrown me in here!" She laughs, the shackles and chains bound to her limbs clinking and clanging against the concrete floors of the interview room.  I feel my heart drop to my chest; my precious Hinami. That's how she feels about me? Almost as quickly as she exploded, Hinami recoils back into her chair in a silent manner.  

I take a deep breath. Look towards the guard; he's eyeing us but so far has done nothing. I exhale. Remain composed, calm, collected, Touka. You're here to do a job. Get the job done, get Hinami out. That's your guys' deal. Do that, you'll find Eyepatch. Do that, you'll find the love of your life. Do that, you'll find the man who broke your heart. 

•Sasaki•

Touka chuckles almost demonically. "And that's the truth?" I stare at Touka in disbelief; her eyes have become downcast, her pen scribbling furiously across her small notepad. A cold, hard look is on her face; her eyes barren of emotion. Her lips pulled taut into a chilling grin similar to the girl's. How is she still completely unfazed by this girl's violent behavior? This girl is 5 foot 2 inches and she's got me quaking in my boots. The girl silently nods her head. 

"In that case, tell me where that raid took place." Touka continues, her voice devoid of all emotion. I feel my self tensing at her demeanor; never have I seen Touka acting so callous. Again the girl releases a chilling laugh into the room. I feel a shiver run through my spine. 
" 5th Ward, Bunkyo. At the time it wasn't CCG controlled but was bordered by the 4th and 1st Wards. Foolish young me thought I'd be safe. What a lie that turned out to be. Now I'm stuck eating old mens' kidneys in this rotten place." 
"And the Ghoul? Who was he with?" 

"Just me and another fella who's probably dead. The division split off down several avenues. Never met up with the rest of them." It's so strange how this girl's demeanor is able to change so drastically; it's almost as if her personality is comprised of several polar personas. I sneak a glance at Touka; her eyes shoot up as in a wicked like manner, glazing over as she stares directly at the girl in front of us; her eyes, cold and wicked, now hold a slight glimmer to them.  Her porcelain hair is slightly more frazzled than when we came in, and I begin to realize just how on edge she actually is. Pulling my right hand from my coat pocket I take her left hand, holding it tightly as I gently caress her fingers in my lap. I expect her to pull away, but she doesn't; instead, I see her shoulders collapse and a breathe escape her lips as she scans the notes on her paper. She doesn't look at or acknowledge me, though; typical Touka-like behavior.  I smile to myself as Touka recomposes herself, then chuckles again, before repeating the girls' violent behavior and slamming one hand down on the table. The pen makes a clatter sound as it hits the ground. "Name?" Is all she says. 

Suddenly an eruption of laughter escapes into the room, echoing throughout the empty space. The sound of chains and shackles is emitted into the room as the girl stands, letting the frail wooden chair fall behind her. "Oh right, I forgot! You know the lad, don't you, dear Kirishima?! Or is that too formal for you? Heard you don't like yours name that much, is it his fault?" The girl clutches her stomach almost too tightly as she throws her head back. "I think you already know the name, Kirishima Touka. Need I say it?" I glance back at Touka; her head is now downcast as well, a grin spreading across her lips almost as wide as the room itself. It takes a few minutes of silence and the girl leaning over her before Touka speaks. "I suppose not. Very well. Don't worry, the CCG have ways of making scum like you open your disgusting human-eating mouths. Continuing with the investigation," she exclaims, completely and chillingly calm; it's almost as though Touka has completely apparated into thin air, and a cold, callous, bitch as replaced her. "Are you currently withholding information that will be reliable in helping the CCG decipher the whereabouts of Eyepatch, the One Eyed Owl, and any other conspirator of the organisation Aogiri Tree?" 

At this the girl finally snaps her head up, putting on full display her button-like, chocolate brown eyes. I feel my heart leap a little as I feel my head become a little light; those eyes, they're familiar. But their coldness, hardness, definitely isn't. It feels wrong; as if they must be warm, they must be bright. They must be happy. "Kaneki-san!"

I close my eyes shut; no, not right now. I don't need another blackout. Not now. I run my hand through my hair, trying to act as inconspicuous as possible. I look at the girl; staring at her intently, I watch her as I see her eyes slightly glaze over before returning to normal. A devilish grin spreads across her face.

"No, I don't know where a single one of them is. Not a single. One." 

  ~•♡•~  

Walking out into the crisp, cold atmosphere of the outside world, it feels like I've been institutionalized for the last 40 years. I inhale a deep breath, feeling the air fill my lungs like balloons being filled with a copious amount of gas. As the wind obscures my vision slightly, I move it aside, turning my head to look at Touka. A frown decorates her face as she stares at the cellphone in her hand, typing away furiously. In her left hand she holds her quinque, heavy and large. It's so big for her that it's barely suspended above the ground. 

Stake silence settles around us.
"...Touka," I begin, rocking back on the balls of my feet. She ruthlessly slams the cover of her phone closed and slips it into the pocket of her long trench coat. She looks up say me with a dry, soulless expression. Expectancy takes its place in her eyes. Ignoring her hostility, I continue; "Why did the suspect call you a traitor?"

Touka's rock hard expression softens, before she once again releases an unsettling smile. She chuckles, slapping her hand against my shoulder. All tension suddenly apostates around her.
It makes me extremely uneasy; this isn't like Touka to switch personas so easily and quickly.

"No reason. Let's go. I have work to do."

  ~•♡•~  

Okay guys  it's me!!! I am so sorry for the long wait but finally, here it Is!!! I can't believe how hard it is to write after almost a year of being completely inactive, if not more than that! I hope you guys liked this chapter, I know it's small and short but I promise they'll getonger as I get back into writing. Love you guys!

Good luck/Bad luck~

Touka ♡♡♡