Chapter Four :RE

•Touka 

I stand behind the immaculate granite counter at :RE, rubbing a half-wet checkered towel against an almost reflective wine glass. I sigh heavily as I think about the entire meeting that happened no more than two days ago. If Eyepatch is really back on the radar, then this gives me a chance to finally give Kaneki what he deserved. What I'm most worried about is Ayato; if Kaneki is still allied with him, then there's absolutely no way I could lay a finger on Kaneki with him around, which makes 'Black Rabbit' a potentially large threat.

I shake my head as I continue to rub the glasses clean, Nishiki coming to stand behind me.

"Where's that scummy Dove friend a yours, ney Touka?" Nishiki asks serious but also in a teasing tone.

"He's not scummy, and he isn't here obviously." I reply in a disapproving tone. I take a step to the right putting a good half a meter between us.

"Did you follow my advice?"

He asks, and I look at him, my face contorted into a look of disgust.

Nishiki smiles a bit before dropping the casual act altogether, and looking down to focus on his job of wiping the bench.

"You know, it's not safe to have a CCG Agent that close to us, Touka. You could be putting us all in danger." I look at him once again, but this time with an almost defeated look I didn't have before. I sigh.

"I know, but he's different I swear. He's not like the rest of those snotty CCG Agents," I say.

"There's something different about him; plus, he doesn't even suspect that I'm a ghoul." I whisper the last part, afraid of one of the few customers we've managed to bring in on this rainy day.

"That doesn't matter, you know, Touka, that damn agent will find out some time." I shake my head, ignoring whatever he has to say.

"I don't care, Nishiki. That's like me saying the same thing about Kimi, now shut it before I get Yomo on you."

I snap, slamming the glass into it's designated shelf.

"Fine, fine. Don't listen to me. But remember, Touka."

"Remember what?"

"My advice." I feel my cheeks heat up as I imagine myself firing kagune shards at his head.

"Nishiki, that's not funny! Damn you!"

I shout, loud enough for a few heads to turn our way. Nishiki just laughs.

"Damn you too, Touka-chan." And with that, Nishiki walks away, slinging the dirty bench rag over his right shoulder. I narrow my eyes at his back, my pupils drilling through this spine and directly through his chest.

I huff, rubbing my cheeks repeatedly to diminish the slight fuzzy red tint that has found it's way to my cheeks. Gee, red against white.

Right then a figure with white hair appears through the back door of the cafe, and I find myself staring at my 'brother'.

"What's this about me? I heard my name." Yomo says, an unimpressed look on his face.

"Nothing. Nishiki was being a fucking idiot, that's all."

"Aye, watch that language. We want people to come into the store, not leave." Yomo says, and I roll my eyes.

"You might also want to re-dye your hair. The purple's starting to show through."

"What!? I only just died it though!"

I exclaim, reaching my hand up to the crown of my hair. Yomo laughs a bit. I scowl.