Chapter Seven :RE

•Touka 

"Yeah. Well- Yeah. We did get some information. Huh? Oh. Well, he said that Eyepatch hasn't been affiliated with Aogiri for a long time. Yes. Do that. We'll need that information later... So what now?...Oh. Okay. I see... Yeah, yeah- ah no no no no no. No. that's uh... That's fine. Yeah. Sure thing. You want me to wha- oh. Yeah. No worries. Okay. Out."

I sigh, slamming the landline down on the holder as I rub my free hand over my very sweaty and very tired looking face. I shake my head, before picking up the phone again and dialing 993-986-979. The phone rings for a few seconds, the body vibrating as I pull it up to my ear.

"The number you are trying to call is not available at the moment. Please redial or call again later. If you are having trouble, please press one and hol-"

I sigh for what seems like the one-hundredth time today, slamming the phone down on the holder once again before it's robotic voice can tell me what to do again. Rubbing my eyes, I decide to give up and wait until another time. I haven't heard back from Mutsuki or Sasaki, which kind of worries me. I decide to have a shower, seeing as I've been fighting bad guys all day and probably stink like a banshee from hell. I run my fingers through my hair, reminding myself that I need to redye it. I pull a creamy yellow towel from the airing closet and walk toward the bathroom. Running the hot water immediately, I find my clothes being stripped to the floor and the towel against it's rack while I jump in the shower, feeling the hot water run down my petite body as I wash away all the grit and dirt from this morning's activities.

After a long and very much needed twenty minute shower, I wrap myself up in the soft embrace of my towel, stepping toward the fogged up yet still usable mirror. I examine my hair, which shows hardly any purple except near the crown and the underlayer of my fringe. I'll redye it tomorrow.

I walk out, heading toward my bedroom. Right at that moment, though, I hear a loud series of shrill ringing. I look toward the sound, realizing that the phone is vibrating violently on it's stand. I run to it, attempting to grab it as I clutch my towel tightly around my thin body. Catching it just before the tone rings out, I quickly press the phone to my ear with a quick 'hello' emitting from my lips. I lean against the wall, the water from my hair dripping onto the faint wallpaper behind me. I breathe heavily from my struggle to the phone.

"Kirishima-san! Thank god. Have you seen Sasaki-san?! I can't find him anywhere." It's Mutsuki. I crease my eyebrows in confusion. I thought Sasaki was with him?

"No... Why? What's happened? "

"I don't know... We were having trouble looking through the Head Quarters' database so I hacked us in. We managed to find the files linking to Arima Squad's investigation a few years ago, and he just fled. I've visited his apartment and I can't reach him on his cell. He's gone." I sigh, tightening my grip around the telecommunication device.

"Have you tried contacting Shirazu or Urie? He might've visited Shirazu. He's injured."

"Yes. I called both of them. Hell, I even called Seiko who's in the same damn room as me." I roll my eyes.

"I'm sure he'll turn u-" Right at that moment, I hear a loud thud coming from the front entrance of my apartment. A series of sounds emit throughout the otherwise silent apartment, and I freeze.

"Kirishima-San? Kirishima-san?" I turn my attention back to Mutsuki, the sounds still coming from around the corner and outside of my peripheral vision.

"Uh-Umm... H-Hang on Mutsuki.. Oh shit!"

I say, practically dropping the landline as I run around the corner to the front door, still holding my almost soaked towel against my chest. I stand completely still as I stare in horror at the scene before me. Sasaki leans slumped against the inside of the doorway, breathing heavily. There's a huge injury on the left side of his forehead, crimson colors mixing with his pale skin. It takes me a few seconds to realize what the hell is happening, before running up to him as I collapse next to him, kneeling down to his level.

"Oh my god, Sasaki!"

I say, grabbing his left arm and slinging it lazily over my shoulder, half dragging his very toned and heavy body to the couch. Managing to get him onto the soft refuge of my couch, I practically run to the bedroom to grab the first aid kit stashed in my closet. Pulling a pair of underwear and a bra on while I'm at it, I sprint out of the room and collapse myself next to an almost unconscious Sasaki Haise. His grey eyes bore into mine as I rip the towel I previously had on, using it to mop up as much blood from his wounds as I can. I can see a slightly off-the-edge emotion within his smoky pupils, yet can't differentiate what it is. Ignoring it as his wounds are more important, I continue to rip the towel to shreds as it's usually pristine white fluffy surface becomes stained with crimson swirls. I work carefully, lifting his arms over my shoulder to get to a wound on his upper side. When I'm done, I move on to ripping his shirt off of his body, only to wipe away the blood from his chest. I can't help but feel heat rise to my cheeks as I realize just how bare both of our bodies are at the moment, but soon realize that Sasaki's healing-mechanisms are beginning to kick in. I sigh in relief.

"Kirishima-San! What is it? Kirishima-san?!"

My eyes widen. I hoist myself up as I sprint to the phone less than a few meters away. Breathing heavily, I reply.

"S-Sorry... M-Mutsuki..."

"What happened?!"

"Let's just say I k-know where Sasaki is..." I trail off, swiftly glancing back in the direction of Sasaki.

"Oh thank god. Is he at your place? Is he alright?"

"Uh-Uh... Y-yeah.. He's fine. Hey, I-I gotta go, but I'll talk to you at the meet on Thursday. Okay?"

Pause. A long and very exaggerated sigh.

"...Fine. But will you be okay with Sasaki there? I can come collect him if you want."

"Nonononono- No. It's fine. I'll take care of him. He's sleeping at the moment..." I lie, trying to come up with a solution to keep Mutsuki in a calm-ish state.

"Oh-Okay... Well then, I'm leaving him in your hands. What about the information though?"

"Uhh... J-Just sort through the files and print the most recent and send it to my pigeonhole."

"Okay. By, Kirishima-san."

"G-Goodbye, Mutsuki."

Putting the phone down onto it's plastic holder, I rush back to Sasaki, whose eyes are half-lidded, and mouth is slightly parted, a small breath of oxygen passing through his lips every few seconds. I walk over to him silently, my eyes scanning over his exhausted face. He smiles a bit at me, and I find myself smirking back impulsively.

"Touka-Chan..."