Chapter Eight :RE

•Touka 

I feel all the breath leave my lungs as I'm immediately reminded of the memories I so longed to forget. Taking a few seconds to recollect my now scattered thoughts, I find myself leaning in toward a still half-conscious Sasaki.
A pause.
"...You're awake." I say, a blanket of awkwardness draping itself over us. Sasaki just nods his head, responding minimally.
His chest rises and lowers at a less intense rate.
"Do you want something to eat?" I ask politely, not wanting to force him to do anything in his condition. He shakes his head. Sasaki opens his mouth.
"Nice undergarments." He says cheekily, his eyes creasing as he smiles wider. I feel myself blush an intense hue of crimson. I look down, my eyes becoming downcast in pure embarrassment. A chuckle. My eyes find their way back to his own, of which I can tell are skimming over my almost bare body as every second passes.
"You know, it's rude to stare."
I reply, smirking at him. He chuckles again. Sasaki attempts to pull himself up, and my hand flies up to his chest in a very failed attempt to stop him. "You need to rest. You're injured."
Sasaki laughs.
"I'm fine now."
"I don't care. Lay down." A sigh.
"...Are you going to tell me what happened?"
Sasaki's demeanour is suddenly altered. He shakes his head slightly.
"You know... It'd be better if you told me." I continue, moving my hand to his left shoulder. I feel his body shake a bit, his back heating up.
"It's not that... I just... D-don't... Remember."
"...Surely you remember something?" Sasaki shakes his head again.
"No! I don't remember a thing; alright!" Sasaki jerks forward, his breathing getting  increasingly shallow. I remove my hand from his back, looking away in a taken aback manner. My eyes stay downcast as I sigh.
"...Sorry."
No reply.
"You're welcome to have a shower if you'd like... There's coffee in the kitchen. I'll get a spare change of clothes for you later, mmh?"
I say, smiling a bit as I get up, defeated. The atmosphere remains silent as I walk toward my room, shutting the door with a quiet 'click'.

•Sasaki 

The hot water runs down my back, stinging the torn flesh of my back painfully. I waited until Touka had left the room to head for a shower; I didn't want her to see my back and worry about even more things. She's already too stretched out as it is. I sigh, cringing as another icicle of water stabs at my back, my nerves creating waves of immense pain. Gritting my teeth, I rub my deltoids tenderly as I try to wash off the remainder of the blood. I twist the faucet to the left, letting the water leave the atmosphere as I step out of the shower, sighing as I inhale a large breath of fog.  I grab a towel, wrapping it around my waist as I feel a sharp pain run up my back. Damn that's gonna take longer to heal than I thought. 
The steam sticks to my body as I walk out, running my hand through my soaked through hair. I approach the couch, immediately finding what seems to be an extremely loose-fitting shirt and a pair of trackies - definitely not for a female build. I'm starstruck for a moment, but then my shocked expression turns into that of a soft smile. I scan the neatly folded pile of clothes once more before turning around and looking straight at the door Touka walked through no more than a half hour ago. I sigh, shaking my head. Walking over to the door, I knock twice, only to be met with silence.I shake my head again. I have to apologize for my behavior earlier. 
I grab and twist the knob, tightening my grip on the brass as I open the door, watching it swing open as I take a step inside. 
Upon entering, I notice a desk in the corner, surrounded by a mound of clothes and what seem to be case files, a few stuffed rabbits leaning against the corner of the desk. There's a messily made bed, and upon it, a curled up Touka, now fully dressed, her knees against her chest and headphones in her ears. I take a deep breath, walking over to her mattress and sitting down, facing away from what seems to be her sleeping figure. But I can tell she's awake. After a few seconds, nothing happens, and I find myself turning around to face her. Her eyes are now open, yet she's not looking at me, only straight ahead. I tap her shoulder. She takes the headphones off. 
"What do you want?" 
Her voice is hostile, yet I can tell there's a little bit of everything in there; fatigue, anger, regret, desperation, hurt. I smile a bit, trying to lighten what just became a very heavy mood.
"...Thanks. F-For the clothes. You didn't have to do tha-" 
"I did. Your old clothes were ruined." Touka replies, continuing to stare at the wall. 
Silence. 
"...I'm sorry.. F-For the way I-I t-treated you before. I shouldn't have yelled at you." I say, breaking the silence. She rolls over, facing me. She discards the headphones, letting them continue to blast music through their pores at the bottom of her bed. She looks up at me. 
"Your apology is accepted. Now go get dressed." Touka says bitterly, an indifferent expression on her face. Her face remains cold, her personality twenty degrees under. I sigh. I grab her chin, ignoring my now pounding heart as my not-so-dormant feelings for my squad leader returns. She finds herself looking away, and I pull her chin up to my level. I look straight at her. 
"I'm sorry. I really am." 
More silence. She grabs my hand, removing it from her soft skin and setting it down onto the bed beside me, her eyes becoming downcast. 
"Sasaki, you shouldn't-" Her words are cut off by my lips, which have unsurprisingly forced themselves upon hers. I feel my body go hot simply at the contact, and try to ignore the lewd thoughts about what would happen if there was more than just kissing going on. At first, Touka resists, before finally caving and placing both her hands on my cheeks. Our lips move roughly against each other, and the kiss seems more desperate than romantic. I find my hands crawl up her sides as she continues to lay on the bed, my cheeks heating up. All the while, Touka's hands have a mind of their own. I feel tingling as her perfectly delicate fingers scale my neck, sending shivers down my spine. My wound stings. I ignore the pain, letting Touka's hands travel across my shoulder blades and down my bare arms. Our breathing mixes, and I simultaneously feel something wet against my bottom lip, smiling. I release the grip I had on her lips, letting her tongue slide into my mouth with ease. From there it's all I can do not to lose my self control, to just slam her against the wall and have my way with her.

•Touka 

I feel the need for Sasaki grow, my heart rate picking up with every tongue swirl, every tantalizing touch that goes by. My mind is racing, and I feel an odd sensation ripple against the lake of my stomach. Sasaki's hands travel down my sides, squeezing my body at the hips as I try futilely to suppress a moan. God, that feels good.
After a moment more or so though, I clear my head; remembering just what he is and what I am to him. I slither my hands away from his shoulders, converting them to fists as I push him gently off of me. Sasaki looks at me, our faces almost touching and bright red. After taking a moment to catch my breath, I speak.
"Sasaki... Y-you're my s-subordinate... W-we can't..." I trail off, completely out of breath. Sasaki's eyes scan over mine, darting from corner to corner, his grey irises full of emotion. 
"So what?" He says, moving his right hand from my side and cupping my cheek with it, grasping a half messy clump of white hair with it. I find my heartbeat in my throat as I try to speak. This moment; it's so perfect, but... 
"I-I can't..." 
"Why?" 
"T-This isn't right..." 
My hands continue to press against his chiseled chest lightly, and I can feel his very aroused heartbeat through my fingertips. A moments hesitation takes place before he replies. 
"...Is there someone else?" My eyes widen as I'm once again reminded of memories I wish to forget. Images of him flash through my mind, and I find myself gripping my own fists tightly. Tears almost well up in my eyes, but I refuse to let them escape. 
"N-no..." I say unconvincingly, turning my head to look away from him; I don't want him to see the memories in my eyes.
"Touka-"
His face.
"Please, don't call me that...Just...Don't."
A sigh. I revert my gaze back to the wall, suddenly finding it unbelievably entertaining to look at. Soon enough, I find a weight being lifted from on top of me as the warmth of Sasaki's body leaves mine, and I immediately feel cold. 
I turn my head, only to find Sasaki's back to me, his hands on his almost bare hips save for the towel he currently wears. I almost forgot how bare his body was. A red hue still feathering my cheeks, I scan his body, only to find a large wound mounded between his shoulder blades. Although not bleeding, it still looks really bad.
"You're still hurt." I find myself speaking without filtering my thoughts, and mentally curse myself for breaking the now awkward silence. 
"I'll be fine."
"No, you won't...I'm sorry." 
Sasaki turns toward me. His eyes are full of an unidentifiable emotion, and his forehead covered in sweat. 
"Don't apologize...Look, I should really get going, but... I'll see you at the meeting tomorrow." With that, Sasaki leaves, and I find myself jumping off of my bed after him. 
Why am I doing this? 
I follow him out into the front of my apartment, where he's already managed to get both the track-pants and the baggy T-shirt on. If the circumstances were different, I'd be in awe. I see him walk toward the front door, and on impulse, I run. I don't know what it is that draws me to him in particular, or what makes me like him so much, but there's nothing I can do about that. I wrap my arms around his waist from behind, squeezing him tightly. 
"Don't go... Please. I'm sorry." A few moments of silence follow, before I remove my arms from around his torso, hoping that he'll turn around. 
"...I've got to sort a few things out. I have to go. Sorry to waste your time." With that, he reaches his hand toward the door, opening and side stepping, before walking through the door and into the foyer. 
"Don't worry about escorting me. I'll let myself out." With that, he disappears from view. My eyes well with tears slightly as I stand there, in awe. Memories of the day Kaneki left come running back to me, confusing now with then; then with now. What just happened?

Hey guys! So I hope you liked this chapter... I spent a lot of time on it :3 Sorry for not updating, things have been.... Busy >)_>). I want to apologize for making you guys wait so much, it's just responsibilities are getting in the way \(>.<)/ I'll try to update, but it'll be hard. Please do not hesitate to comment, vote, message me or anything! It all helps :D I'm just going through a very tough and tiring phase at the moment DX XD But I'm sure I'll get over it. Anyway, love you guys a lot, thanks for sticking with this crappy author! 

~Touka