Chapter Five :RE

•Sasaki 

I roll over, the darkness I'm currently engulfed in cracking open slowly, revealing a blinding beam of light. I moan, hearing the sound of an alarm clock. What time is it? Opening my eyes fully, I'm able to view the entire scene. The only light within the depth of this darkness is my alarm clock, which beeps loudly as the red digits beam brightly, staining the inside of my eyelids with red.

I groan, rolling over as I let the sheets roll off of my half naked body, flinging my feet over the edge of the bed.

I groggily rub my eyes as the clock continues to beep aimlessly in the background, beginning to get annoyed by the endless squealing. After rubbing my eyes raw, I turn around and grab that damned clock, stand, open the window behind me, and chuck the devilish thing into the early morning atmosphere. A chill runs down my spine as the cold morning air starts to seep in through the window, and I quickly shut it. Rubbing my frozen icicle fingers over my bare arms, I huff as I walk toward the closet. I sigh; I can't check the time since I threw my clock out of the window, though I'm guessing it's around 4-5 in the morning, the usual time I get up for a mission. Pulling out my suitcase and the rest of my CCG cloak and uniform, I pull each pristine clean item of clothing on over my body, taking in the swift, cheap sawdust scent from the material. My hair is still messy as hell, yet I'm not sure if I have time to brush it... Because I threw my clock out the window... Sigh. Rolling my eyes, I heave my heavy quinque to the side of my body, waltzing out of the dark bedroom and the equally dark living room of my apartment. I flick the lights on and walk over to the kitchen, boiling a jug of hot water and pouring it into a delicate china cup.I yawn as I run a hand through my rough, matted black and white hair. Grinding down on some cheap coffee beans I bought no less than a week ago for three dollars a pop, I mix the hot water and coffee beans together as I add some milk creating a creamy substance in the process. My eyes continue to stay heavy, and I grab the steamy hot beverage as I take a sip, retreating at the bitter taste left on my tongue. Damn, this coffee will never be as good as Touka's. Nonetheless, I try to pretend it is, and gulp the entire thing down in under thirty seconds. Slamming the cup down in seconds, I turn away toward the door, pulling the keys off the hook and slipping them into my pocket as I do so. Opening the door, I pull it open, letting the brisk morning air sweep me up in it's freezing embrace, and I shiver slightly. Steam rises out from my chapped lips as I walk down the metal stairs, hearing my feet clamber loudly as I wince every time, hoping I'm not waking up any of the nearby neighbors. I shiver one last time before resting my foot down on the pavement, and head to the CCG Building.

•Touka 

My foot taps swiftly against the concrete quickly as I pull my sleeve up to check my wrist watch; it's almost five-thirty in the morning. Where the hell is he? Saiko sits behind me, on the ground, snoring her ass off as a bit of drool drips slowly from the corner of her lips. Urie is just as impatient as I am, while Mutsuki and Shirazu seem to be playing some sort of hand game. I roll my eyes as I pull my coat tighter around my tiny frame, shivering slightly as I complain,

"Where the hell is he?! It's not a good look being late on his first mission."

I say. Urie just rolls his eyes.

"He's always this late."

I grunt, looking at Urie in an all too serious manner.

"We're gonna have to do something about that then, won't we?" I reply in a snatty tone, turning back to check my watch, even though I know not even a minute has passed. I sigh, looking back at the massive CCG building that looms over us like we were measly children. The moon still hangs in the sky, it's light reflecting off of the glass sheets of the building's outer walls. Soon, I hear a tight compilation of light, swift footsteps and heavy breathing. I turn my head around, only to see a very tired looking Sasaki Haise practically run into us.