"Oh, you know what I mean."

"Uh-huh," you reply before finally taking a bite. "Hey, did Roxas or Axel come back yet?"

"Nope," Riku responds, sounding unaffected though his aquamarine eyes give away his hidden concern.

You frown as you take another bite, trying not to let your imagination go crazy with everything that could possibly go wrong.

Right on cue, the door leading downstairs suddenly slams open, with a panting Roxas wearing black Organization robes running through. He's glancing over his shoulder down the stairs as the three of you just stare at him with mouths dropped open in shock. After a second he looks forward, jumping in surprise at your presence.

"Oh... Hey, guys," he greets awkwardly, still holding the door open as he starts to rub the back of his head.

"Where the hell have you been?!" you exclaim as you jump to your feet and march towards him. "Do you know how worried I've been? And why are you wearing that?" you add haughtily as you start to begin inspecting him for cuts or bruises.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he quickly tells you, grabbing your hands in his to stop your ministrations. "No need to jump into Mom mode, [Name]."

"Well, then tell me what happened. And where Axel is," you order, narrowing your eyes as a small smile grows on his face.

"He's fine, too. But we, um... We might have done something questionable," he mutters, trailing off as he glances over your shoulder and out the open window.

[24 HOURS EARLIER]

The first thing Roxas notices after the portal begins to dissipate is the smell of salt and the soft sound of sea-birds calling to one another.

So clearly, they're near an ocean.

He doesn't recognize this place, though. He and Axel are standing on a narrow beach, the water gently lapping at the sand in the near distance. On the opposite side of the water is high cliffs covered in moss and grass, with a rather large castle sitting at the very top.

"Hope you brought some swim trunks," Axel speaks up, and the blond glances over at his friend with a frown.

"Huh? Why?" Roxas asks.

"Why do you think? Water-boy lives down there," Axel states with a nod towards the ocean. "And I can't go in."

"Oh, c'mon. Water doesn't burn you," Roxas points out with a roll of his eyes.

"No, but I can't swim. I'll be here," Axel tells him as he leans against a large boulder.

"You're seriously gonna stay behind? This is your idea. Which isn't gonna work, by the way."

"Then why are you helping?" Axel retorts, crossing his arms over his chest. Roxas just stares at him for a moment before glancing out at the ocean. "It'll work. Just go get Demy, and we'll be outta here."

"Fine," Roxas concedes, sighing as he heads towards the water. "... But you owe me."

"Deal."

Roxas shakes his head before he starts to walk towards the water. Just as he's about to summon a spell to safely breathe underwater, a head pops up to the surface just past where the waves are breaking.

"STOP, INTRUDERS! ... Oh, it's just you guys," Demyx realizes with a relieved sigh as he paddles towards the beach. "Sorry, any time an outsider comes to this world, I have to go check it out. It's part of my duties."

"Holy crap, you really are a security guard," Axel realizes with a laugh as he joins Roxas.

"Wha – I'm not a security guard!" Demyx argues with a slight whine before he puffs out his chest. "I'm King Triton's head guard, I'll have you know."