Chapter Nineteen

Throughout my first few days as President, I'd received many congratulatory remarks and appreciative hugs. I found, to my surprise, cell service. There was an insane way to send messages back to earth, from all the way out here, in the middle of space. 

       I hadn't made anybody else aware to that, though decided, being bored out of my mind in my large office, that I should. I found Summer's contact name.

*ME*
Guess who's got space-service?

        I waited for my response while spinning in my chair, doing little circles before I felt ready to hurl and light headed. "Bad, bad, bad idea." I mumbled, steadying myself against the desk.

*SUMMER*
Seriously?! Space service... xD

       I laughed, sending her a quick 'bored' selfie with a chuckle. 

       There really wasn't much anything to do here. I signed a few documents, got settled into my office and new home, and put a few new ideas into action. I had sent a few individuals out on missions and gave orders to others about maximum security. Really, this job was too easy. 

       I found myself wishing I still had my portal gun, wanting nothing more than to visit the family. It was boring, not being able to talk to really anybody. Three days in and I already wanted to quit. I didn't even need to work, all I earned was more unlimited access to Federation funds. But it was nice to have the power to change so much about this group. So many people had thanked me for the changed I made, each day I walk into the office. 

       Truth be told, I was beginning to think maybe this wasn't the best idea, but I was stuck here for a while. At least I wasn't stuck trying to figure out a way to tell Rick...

        I watched out my window for a while, adjusting the uniform I'd been given. It was actually pretty comfortable and I wondered what it would take to have something like this during the entire pregnancy. 

*SUMMER*
You should come visit soon. Mom says she had to talk to you about something important?

       I sighed. I knew it, too. But I wasn't sure when I was allowed to leave.

       ah, to hell with it. I'm the President. If they need me, they can message me and I'll get my happy ass back here.

       I opened the door to my office, finding guards standing there like always. "Hey, dudebros." I commented. Each stared curiously and I laughed. "I'm heading out. One of you keep an eye on the place? If anybody needs me, please tell them to message me personally. I need somebody to show me back to the portal thing." I watched them exchange a series of gestures before one nodded and the other led me around.

       "Cool," I mumbled. I was led down a series of halls and corridors, all the way to the portal. "I might be gone for a while. I didn't realize how much I would miss them. So, y'know, please let people know?" I watched as the guard nodded and entered the coordinates, allowing me to step through and visit the family I found myself missing.