Chapter Eight

More often than not, strange sounds had used to arise from either of the two garage's. However, it was most peculiar when new sounds erupted from the Smith's garage a few days after Morty had stopped by for a quick discussion.

       Now, I was used to weird looking characters from other dimensions and everything, but this colorful character was weird. I had been dragged to the garage by Summer, finding Rick and Morty in a conversation with some weird creature. "I-I-It's a Fourth D-Dimensional Being, (Y-Y/N)." Morty, having seen my confusion, clarified quickly as the creature turned it's attention to me. 

       "Holy shit, this girl has certainty wafting off her bad self." He walked over to me, extending his hand. I shook, not wanting to be rude. "See, that, right there, that was a firm handshake. Nothing uncertain about that." He backed up a little bit, leaving a good foot of space between he and myself. I looked over to Morty, the being following my gaze. "That Morty, right there, that thing is filled with uncertainties. That's why I'm here. This kid has been uncertain about certain events that have occurred between two household. Some sort of romance shit going on over here, confusing this poor sumbitch." Morty looked away, kicking at the ground and shoving his hands in his pockets.

       The being turned back to me, "I understand you're part of what's been throwing him off. From what I can tell, the poor thing's been wondering how to fix an issue you been having, dollface. He done been tryin' to fix you up with somebody, but there's so many ways for him to done-do it that he doesn't know which one to choose. There be so many uncertainties in this house you'd think it was a bunch of-" He stopped midsentence, "Nevermind, those things be extinct. You ain't gone have no clue what they is. Anyway," the being cleared his throat, "these folks here are filled with uncertainty stinking to high heaven. I thought you was gone make it worse, but you come in here and you can already cancel out two of the three uncertainties."

       I could only assume he was looking at Morty, being that he had no visible eyes, "Man, why you so uncertain all the damn time?" Morty didn't refuse, just continued to kick the ground. "Psh, nevermind. You, toots, are my main focus right now. I came over here to fix this, but I wanna have a little fun before I set y'all certain again."

       I nodded, wondering what a peculiar being like this could mean by his sensing of uncertainties. The being pulled me aside, apart from the others. "We gone see what you can do. I wanna see how much it takes to break you." A sinister grin played on his massive mouth, the one feature I could actually see.

       He spoke loud enough for the rest to hear, "If you have any uncertainties, you're gonna offset the universe. So, try to be confident, pretty thing." He ran a hand through my hair, but I stood tall, determined to win. "See, that right there's what I done been talking about. You gotta lotta certainty in such a petite frame."

       "So, tell me, what's your name?" I took in a quick breath, "(Y/N) Addams." The being clapped his hands, "Oooooh, an Addams. I knew your parents. Did you know they were my two most favorite certainties in the universe? Absolutely perfect. Everything they did was executed with skill beyond belief." I watched, determined to beat his ass at his own game. "Not even fazed. Beautiful." I looked at Summer, Rick, and Morty as they all stared, watching what was going on.

       "So," the being turned his ball-like head to the group, "what do you think of that bunch over there?" I shrugged, only thinking about Summer and Morty, "They're alright." Suddenly something shifted, and a beep could be heard from some weird machine on Rick's desk.

       "Touchy subject, that one. I see now that somebody isn't to your liking. Let's see..." He walked over and stood by Summer, "How 'bout this sweet lil thing?"