Chapter Eleven

When we all woke the next day, each of us rising around the same time until we were 'all met', I wandered towards the kitchen. Beth and Jerry had left sometime earlier, leaving a short note on the fridge saying they'd be back later in the afternoon.

       I dug around the cupboards and found some snack cakes, grabbing one and wandering back into the living room. "Nice," Summer commented as she stretched. "Hey," I mumbled around the cake, "you're just jealous." I quickly devoured the rest of the cake. "This is the kind of adult I aspired to be. Fat, lazy, and hella smart." Summer rolled her eyes, "You're not fat."
       "My ever shrinking clothes seem to differ," I retorted, grabbing my phone and sitting back down on the couch. Summer sighed heavily and grabbed her own, "Whatever, weirdo." I stuck my tongue out in response and scrolled through YouTube. 

       "Alright, surprisingly the internet is boring. Whatever the hell this is," I pointed to the tv, "fails to grab my attention. I wanna do something today, but your parents specifically requested I stay with y'all. It is one of the nicer days, so, y'know, we could go back to my place and enjoy one last little pool party. I hear this is the last eighty-degree day we're gonna have. Fall's coming in fast."
       Summer and Morty both nodded, though each turned to look between me and their grandfather. "What ab-about Rick?" Morty questioned. "Well, I mean, it's really up to him if he wants to come. I'm gonna go over there and get ready. See you three there?" I received two nods and a halfhearted shrug before I made my way back to my house.

  *~*~*

       "Ew," I mumbled, staring at myself in the mirror. I decided on a one piece today, feeling too lazy to fight with a bikini. It was very nice out today, as I'd said. 
       I poked my stomach once more before I threw on the lace skirt, once more feeling comfortable as I wandered from my room. I was glad I wasn't on my monthly, though I wasn't sure when I'd had that last. "Ah, well, not my problem now," I mumbled. 
       While I waited for the folks, wondering if it would be a duo or a trio, to arrive, I set out a little table and placed a few two liters and a variety of snacks out. "That should do it." I grinned proudly, glancing over to find that it would be a trio arriving. Summer and Morty were very glad to enjoy one last summer day while Rick appeared as though he didn't know how to feel. 
       "Come on, (Y/N)!" Summer dragged me to the pool, leaving me very little time to discard the skirt before I was shoved up the ladder. "How rude!" I huffed, popping up out of the water. Summer laughed and I waded out into the center of the pool. Rick and Morty eventually wandered in as well, both swimming cautiously and remaining at one end of the pool. 
       "See?" I grabbed Summer's attention, poking my sides, "That's pudge. Been eating like a true teen," I laughed. "God, you should've seen me when I was thirteen." Summer laughed and threw water at me, "You gotta be kidding me. You're not fat, (Y/N), honest."
       "Whatever you say, dear." I mimicked a snarky mother, laughing after I had done so. "You guys are only very suspicious," I called over to Rick and Morty, still hanging around the edge of the pool. Morty glanced up at Rick before he waded over to the two of us, his grandfather uncaring as he leaned against the side.

       Sighing, I made my way over to the pool ladder. "I shall return, and I shall do it valiantly," I shouted, taking a triumphant stance before I wandered across my yard. Recently, I'd inflated a few floaties, having stowed them away in the storage room of my house. When I'd grabbed a satisfactory amount of pool noodles and a floaty for myself, I wandered back outside, throwing each object into the water. "Touch not the floaty, for it is for my lazy ass only!"
       I held on to one pool noodle, finding Rick still leaning against the side of the pool. I whapped him over the head with the styrofoam shape, "Crank ass." 
       He looked over curiously, furrowing his brow. I wandered back into the pool, throwing the noodle at him and grabbing my floaty. Summer laughed and Morty grinned while I hopped onto the object. "Float in style!" I adjusted my bathing suit as I leaned back, "Mah tids are fallin' out, and you didn't warn me." I accused Summer and grabbed a nearby noodle, tapping her over the head. "Like I'm gonna be looking. I'm pretty sure one of the other two would have noticed, first."

       I shrugged in agreement, finding Rick grabbing a pool noodle and wading over to the group now. "Now you come to the cool side of the pool."
       "You hit me urp with a noodle." He accused. "You were being a crank ass off in the corner for some inexplicable reason. Had to get your ass in gear." Summer and Morty laughed, each grabbing a pool noodle. I held my own close to myself, eyeing them warily. "If you try anything," I warned, holding the noodle up threateningly. 

       Summer shrugged, "I think we have an even three against one."

       "Shit."

       "You're eugh in it," Rick laughed. I very quickly found myself under attack, trying fruitlessly to save myself before I wound up falling from the floaty. When I came back to the surface of the water, grabbing my noodle and preparing to defend myself, I found my floaty being taken over.

       "Summer," I whined, "why you gotta kill me though?" The red head laughed as she leaned back on the plastic, "You snooze, you lose."

       "But I could probably get it back." I moved back over to the side of the floaty, "You might wanna hold your breath."