Chapter Twelve

Currently, I found myself in my garage, working on a new toy. I had grown bored, deciding to make another robot. Fall had set it, the air growing chilly, though it appeared as though nothing could shut either garage. It seemed like every time I was working in my garage, Rick was in his. 
       "Shit," I mumbled, adjusting my pajama bottoms. I checked the time, finding I still had another hour to kill. I'd set up a doctor's appointment for myself, having it set for six as it was the only free slot open. 
         The new prototype sat in front of me, the remote in my hand as I stood. I decided it couldn't hurt to test it out for a bit. 

        Looking across the street, I found Rick still tinkering away. Recently, we'd been on okay terms. We'd built a few things together, though Summer and/or Morty was there, as well. We never spent time alone together, and our conversations were particularly stilted.

       With that knowledge in mind, I shrugged and stepped into the garage doorway, glancing around to be sure no cars were coming. I set the prototype on the ground and grabbed the remote. 
       "Ready or not," I started moving the small object, watching it silently creep across the street. I slid a small panel up on the controller and flipped an orange switch, laying on the ground and holding the remote above my head. I watched through a camera as the object moved the garage, eventually sneaking up to a pair of feet. I shifted a dial, raising the camera to find Rick focused on adjusting a part of his ship. I flipped a green switch and enabled the speakers on my end, keeping the other muted. He was currently muttering curses and working on the ship, apparently having some difficulty.
       I chuckled slightly, not wanting to outright laugh and distract him from across the street, before hitting a small blue button. "Psst," I tried. He looked around curiously, as though he wasn't sure he'd heard something. He muttered a 'stupid kids' and went back to tinkering.
       "No. It's your damn conscience speaking, you twat." I hit the blue button again and laughed silently, unable to help it as I watched Rick look around, his brow furrowed. "(Y/N)?" He questioned. I adjusted a few settings, rotating dials and bringing the small object to hover in front of him. I flipped the blue button again, "Remember Weebo from Flubber? That's me." 
       Rick stared at the object, dropping his screwdrivers. "What urp the hell?" 
       "Peekaboo!" I flipped another switch, knowing a panel rose up. It acted more like a Skype call, a small camera popping up in the corner that showed me what Rick saw. "Ha, my stuff's more advanced." 
       "Y-You're eugh literally right across the street," Rick laughed. "You couldn't just walk urp over?" 
       "That requires motion, physical activity. Plus I wanted to freak you out. Successful, by the way." I laughed, standing and taking the remote with me. I wandered across the street, finding my personal 'Weebo' hovering in front of Rick still. I deactivated both objects and held them, "I've been putting together all the stuff I never had time to. Ya might have more visitors like these," I held the devices up for emphasis. "Might even find a way to sneak them into your house. You guys are gonna be so paranoid."
       "Borderline creepy, alright." Rick nodded, "Slightly urp impressed."

        "Aw, shucks. Anyway, gonna shove off now. Got a doctor's appointment." I shuddered while walking out of the garage, "Needles.." 
        "Have eugh fun, I guess." Rick waved and went back to working on the ship.

        I sighed and went about closing my garage up, deciding I'd rather go to the doctor in grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt than in clothes I'd be constantly shifting around in.

        Clambering into my truck, I sighed. "Let's go see why I feel like I'm dying."

Fix Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें