Chapter Fourteen

I laid on the floor in my garage, too lazy to finish my project but not wanting to put it away. I might change my mind in a minute. 

       "You're kinda urp deadish," Rick wandered in, flask in hand. "Yep," I sighed. "That's me."

       "The duo wanted me eugh to invite you over to play games or somethin'," Rick grumbled, shoving his flask away and tucking his hands into his pockets.

       "Again?" I whined, "They have too much energy." I had just gotten back from a sleepover at their house not too long ago. I pulled myself up from the floor, leaving the project and groaning. "Not doing nothing but sitting on my ass." I shut the garage and tucked my phone into my pajama pockets, wandering across the street with Rick.

       "(Y/N)!" Summer and Morty ran over to me once I stepped into the house. "Careful!" I yelled when they ambushed me with hugs. "I, uh, I'm fragile and tired, guys." I quickly covered, laughing sheepishly. Summer and Morty shrugged, Summer speaking up, "We're gonna go to Blips and Chitz, and we wanted you to come with!"

       I stared at Rick now, "Video games or somethin'? Uh-huh. Liar." I turned to Summer and Morty, who both grinned. "Fine, let's get me on my feet." The duo grinned and we made our way to the ship, the two sitting on the floor in the back while I took passenger seat. "So much beer," I commented, knocking cans away from my feet. "You're gonna die from alcohol poisoning," I remarked when Rick climbed into the ship. 
       "I'm pretty sure that's urp impossible at this point," he retorted, taking an emphasizing sip from his flask. 
       I shrugged and slumped in the seat, staring out the window at the passing stars. 

       Eventually, I wound up taking another nap, leaning against the window, only to be woken by Summer. "Come on!" She dragged me into the arcade by the arm and the two boys followed after. "Claw machine," I announced, wandering over to the machine. Summer furrowed her brow, "You sure?"
       Rick swiped a card through the slot, announcing, "Just watch."

       "Some people have faith," I laughed. The claw was moved quickly to a doll that actually resembled Rick, oddly enough. I pulled the doll out and tossed it to the mad scientist himself, who only shrugged and shoved the plush toy into his pocket. "No more eugh asses?" I checked the machine with a chuckle, "Fresh out, unless you wanna crawl in there." Rick shook his head and laughed. "Alright, hit it up again. I want the donut," I pointed to the back corner, watching as Rick swiped the small card again.

       "Aw yiss." I grabbed the donut from the drop chute and held it to myself with a laugh. Summer looked impressed while Morty, who had seen it happen the first time, shrugged with Rick. "Now let's waste money on something fun," I laughed. 

       "We're following you, I guess," Rick stated. "These two insisted we give you a eugh day at the arcade. They said something's stressing you urp out, but we don't know what it is."

        I chuckled awkwardly, nodding slowly. "Alright, cool. Y'all are gonna get bored though." I wandered over to the PacMan game, quickly playing once it was activated. I was determined to beat the high score this time. 

       After a while, a hand waved in front of my face and I blinked in response, regaining myself in the game. "Heeey," I whined, "not while I'm playing."
       "Just making sure you're still alive," Summer stated. "I don't know if you've blinked in the past forty five minutes or not, but you're doin' great."
        "I'm urp pretty sure you could die right now and you'd take first," Rick stated. Morty hummed in agreement and I shrugged, sighing lightly. I decided to just let my character die, knowing they were probably growing bored of standing and waiting.

        "Yes!" I stared at the screen, watching my name flash in first. I beat the previous score by well over 100,000 points. "Aw yea, beat that!"

       I spun around to find three happy smiles, taking my donut back from Summer. "What, weirdos?"

       "It's just nice to see you relax. You've been freaking out about something for a while now, and we were getting worried." Summer explained. "Y-Yea. A-And you hav-haven't done m-much but s-s-sleep," Morty commented.

       "Eh, maybe I'm just dyin'." I laughed. "Let's go snag some more plushies for my collection."