Chapter 39 - Peace

Bellamy walked all the way back to the camp. He wanted to take the opportunity he had to be alone to think. Within the past few days, he had fallen in love with Clarke all over again, been captured and had Clarke taken from him - again, found his sister, and gained a new member of his family - Madi. It was so much to take in. Through all the pain he had endured the past few days, none of it mattered. He had everyone back... everyone he loved the most. 

Bellamy still had his radio on him, so he heard the conversations between Kane and Abby.

"Abby - the guards have taken our deal. We are moving everyone into the ship now and will be bringing it back to the camp." Kane said.

"Marcus - be safe. See you soon." Abby said before the radio went silent.

--------------------------------------------

"Clarke" Abby said. "They are on the way back with the ship. Let's go ahead and get everything we need ready for any possible wounded."

Clarke nodded as she got up from sitting in the floor with Madi.

"You too" Abby said as she looked to Madi. "Don't think you get out so easy. I started training Clarke when she was about your age. Your next."

Madi smiled and got up from the floor to run after Clarke.

"Clarke! Abby said I can help!!" Madi said as she exited the room trying to catch up to Clarke.

Abby smiled and walked out of the hut to wait for the ship to arrive. 

--------------------------------------------

The ship took only 10 minutes to get there from the location it was at. They had positioned the ship right in front of the wood line, facing the hut Clarke had made. This ship would serve the same purpose as the capital building did in Polis. 

Kane opened the door and stood watch as all of their people exited. Abby greeted Marcus with a kiss, then instructed all of the wounded to follow her to the medical tent she had set up. Clarke and Madi were there waiting. 

Octavia was out instructing the grounders to go into the woods and gather as much wood as possible. They needed to start building structures immediately - winter was coming and they wanted to be prepared. 

Another group took the rover to the location of The Ark and the original drop ship to salvage anything they could find to build new structures. Kane had made plans for a larger group to go out tomorrow to Polis to recover things as well. It was a team effort all around. 

Bellamy finally caught up and was arriving at camp. He looked around to see everyone working together. "Peace" he whispered to himself. It may have taken 6 years and a few battles to do it - but they had finally achieved peace.

Bellamy approached Kane who was standing by the ship talking with Theo. "Where are the prisoners?" Bellamy said.

"They are all locked away in their cells for the moment. Theo, Octavia, and I have decided to put them on trial tonight. Not all of them followed August. The one's who we think have good intentions will be allowed to stay here on a probationary trial. The ones that we know are guilty will be banished. If they come back to this camp, they will be killed on the spot." Kane said.

"But what about Aug -" Bellamy said before Theo interrupted.

"August will be banished Bellamy. We wouldn't dare leave him here after what he done." Theo said sincerely. Bellamy nodded and walked away. He could accept those terms. Now that he knew everything was settled, he needed to find Clarke.