Chapter 30 - I Promise

"Hi Clarke" August said with a smirk.

"What the hell do you want, August?" Clarke yelled back. "We were suppose to help each other!"

"Now, now, Clarke. Is that anyway to talk to someone who has something you want? Or wait, let me correct myself. Someone I have... Madi, is it?"

Clarke froze. She then let the anger set in and tried to get up, jerking the chains as hard as she could.

"If you touch her, I swear on everything, I will kill you!!"

"Clarke..." Bellamy said as he tried to hold her back.

"It's okay Bellamy. She can't get to me." August said, smiling. August then continued to walk out of the cell, leaving Bellamy and Clarke alone.

"Where are you going you son of a-"

"Clarke..." Bellamy whispered. He grabbed her wrist with his free hang and pulled her back down to sit beside of him. "Look at me."

Clarke turned and looked to Bellamy with tears running down her face. Bellamy took his hand and brushed it against her cheek. "We will get her. I promise."

Clarke nodded. Knowing that she had Bellamy's help in getting Madi back meant the world to her. She trusted him. 

Once Bellamy finally got Clarke to come down, they started talking plans. An hour or so had passed since August left them when the door to the cell opened again. In walked two guards holding rope and their guns. Neither of them spoke - they only pointed directly to Clarke.

"NO!" Bellamy yelled. "Leave her alone - take me instead, please!"

The guards walked over to Clarke and tied her hands and gagged her. Bellamy tried to fight them, but the other guard pinned Bellamy up in the corner at gun point until his partner was done tying up Clarke. He then undone the chain she was attached to, pointed a gun into her back, and made her walk out of the cell leaving behind Bellamy.

"NO! COME BACK!"