Chapter 24 - You Love Her

A few hours had passed since Bellamy's act of rage. After he was done taking his anger out on the rover, he ventured out into the woods. He wanted to be alone. He deserved to be alone. Why was it that he was hurting the one person he loved as much as his sister? And why did he think it was okay to lie to Echo? Echo did no wrong.... she is the victim in all of this mess. 

Bellamy walked down to the river where him and Clarke had sat days before. He sat on the bank and washed the blood of his knuckles. He winced in pain as the cuts burned. He felt as if he deserved the pain. He proceeded to take a strip of cloth he had in his pocket and wrap it around his cuts on his hands to make sure they wouldn't get infected. The last thing he needed was a trip to Doctor Clarke.

Bellamy sat in silence, taking in being alone for once. It had been a long time since he could feel alone. Although they had their own rooms back on The Ark and there were only 7 of them, he never felt like he had his own space. 

Bellamy suddenly heard footsteps approaching him, but didn't bother looking to see who it was. He didn't care at this point.

"You love her, don't you?"

He knew who it was. He turned around to see Echo standing behind him. She had been crying and had her hands shoved in her pockets. For her to be some tough Ice Nation spy, she had learned in the past 6 years to let her guard down around Bellamy. She was the only person in the world who knew how vulnerable she really was.

Bellamy finally worked up the courage to say something back. "Yeah. I do, Echo."

Echo nodded and bowed her head down in defeat. Bellamy stood up and walked over to her. He stood as close as he could to her and place his hand on her shoulder.

"I've always loved her... but I loved you too."

"But you don't anymore, right?" Echo said sarcastically. She was hurt so she spoke with an attitude to hide it.

"I'll always have a soft spot for you Echo. But the whole time we were in space, she was the one I was thinking about. And now that I have found out she's alive, I can't let her be the one to get away from me again. I hope you can understand that."

Echo looked into Bellamy's eyes. She knew he was hurting, and it was because of her. Because of her, she was holding Bellamy back from the one he truly loved. She knew what it was like to have feelings for someone but never acting on them. She did this with Roan and it ended up being to late.

"Go." Echo said sternly.

Bellamy looked confused. 

"Go to her I said." Echo said as she pointed towards the hut and flashed a sympathetic grin.

Bellamy understood. He kissed Echo on the cheek and began walking towards Clarke's camp.