Part 3 - It's real

-----Alison's POV-----

It's now Wednesday and thanks to the school, I'm free. Yesterday was my last day at that school, which I am so happy about! No one at school - except the principal and the teachers - know that I'm moving away, so they didn't treat me better or worse, just normally. So today, I'm just staying home, packing all my stuff. There's a van coming to pick up a few things that are being shipped to Australia, so I don't have to bring them with me. 

In noon, I'm also going to see my mum at the rehab, which I am incredibly nervous about. I wonder if she even cares that I'm moving away, to Australia. It's sick to say it, but it's true. But I would lie if I said I wasn't nervous, who wouldn't be if you're moving to the other side of the world, to an aunt you have never met, only spoken to? 

While packing all my clothes in two suitcases that Mrs. Wright brought to me, I listen to some music in my little stereo. Right now I'm listening to With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear by Sleeping With Sirens, it's one of my favorite songs, like, ever. I never grow tired of it, it's just amazing. And Kellin Quinn has the most beautiful voice on earth, it's like the voice of an angel. An angel in my own nightmare. 

Suddenly I remember that band that the "J" girl talked about in class. What was it called? Something with summer. The next couple of minutes, I just sit on my floor trying to figure out what the band was called. And then suddenly, I remember.

"5 Seconds Of Summer" I whisper to myself, trying to keep it in my mind as I hurry to my phone to search for them. 

The first song that comes up on YouTube is a song called She Looks So Perfect, so I click on it and continue packing. As I fold a t-shirt in the suitcase, I realize that they're good, like really good. I find myself getting out of my sad self, just jumping around to the sound of their voices and suddenly life isn't as bad as it was before. It's like all the bad suddenly disappeared and I just smile, a real smile. It's amazing. And when that song ends, I click on the next one which is Wherever You Are. That song makes me sad, but happy at the same time. It brings all my feelings to the surface, in a good way. 

I find myself lost in all their songs and suddenly I get a text from Mrs. Wright who says she's outside waiting for me. So I turn the music off, leaving everything else and leave the apartment. After locking the door - and making sure it is really locked, that's just who I am - I run down all the stairs and soon reach the port to the outside. As soon as I step outside, thinking about the band I just discovered - who are they, where do they live, how old are they, what are their names etc. - I see Mrs. Wright's car standing on the parking lot. 

She smiles as I open the car door. "Well hello sunshine"

"Hi" I say, smiling a little while putting my seatbelt on.

"Are you ready to meet her?" she asks and I get stiff. 

Since I don't know what to answer, I just shrug. It just got to me that I'm leaving. I'm leaving my mum, my home, the town that I grew up in, the country that I grew up in, I'm leaving the closest to family that I have - that I know anyway - and I'm going to be on my own with an unknown aunt. But I'm not scared to meet Claire, she's not dangerous. I'm just nervous about leaving for real. When I get to the airport tomorrow morning, I'm going to freak out. It's a long flight, I've not been on a airplane for a very very long time, I can't even remember the last time I sat on a plane and I'm going to an unknown country, which I'm going to live in for at least a year, until I turn 18, then I can leave if I want, go back to the UK. 

After ten minutes, we arrive at the rehab centre. It's in a small forest, isolated from the big city. It's cute, actually. Me and Mrs. Wright leave the car and start walking towards the entry. Mrs. Wright's hans is placed on my back, for moral support I guess, but it doesn't really help. When we get inside, it looks a little like a hospital, but a little more personally, more colour, not just boring white and disgusting smells.