Epilogue

My life has been full of disappointments, disasters, chaos, nightmares etc. etc. I have cried, I have wanted to stop breathing, I have wanted nothing more than to end it all. I have been down the deepest of valleys, but I have also been all up the highest mountains. I have been given so many lessons in life, been corrected by my mistakes. I have learnt a lot. I have learnt a lot through the hard way. 

My biggest achievement was when I opened myself up and trusted others after all those times I had been let down. I never thought I would, or could, trust anyone, but I trusted five people. I think we are stronger than what we assume we are. We can take more than what we think. When you feel like you're at the end of the world, know you're not. I have been down that road and I know how many times you've heard people telling you to stay strong and that you're not alone. I know that every time you hear those words, you just don't believe them. But those words are more true than you may think.

Maybe if you have a worse situation, you need help. Maybe you have to see someone to talk to, maybe you'll need some medication, but you will get better. The best way, I think - at least if you're not really at the edge -, is to talk to people you know. Think of the one person you trust the most, or like the best, and try to talk to him or her. 

In my case, I found four amazing friends and one just as amazing family member, although they were all on the other side of the world. I found them by all the wrong reasons, but I did find them. One friend turned into something more and my family member became my sister instead of my mother's. My three remaining friends became my brothers. 

"Hurry up you fools!" I shriek. "He'll be here any minute!"

Luke almost falls of the ladder whilst hanging up the banner above the stairs. "Shut your mouth, sis, we're doing our best!"

"Well you best ain't enough!" I throw my hands out.

"Oh come on guys", Michael says, placing an arm over my shoulders. "No fighting please", he jokes, poking my cheek. 

I chuckle, hitting his head. "Sure, red head."

"Everything is done in the backyard", Ashton informs us all, entering the living room through the back door. 

"Great", I smile, walking up to him. 

He kisses me softly, holding me in his arms. 

When I hear a car outside, I run towards the kitchen window and smile. "He's here! Come on guys!"

Luke and Calum carry the ladder out and Claire and Trevor run inside from he backyard. Then the six of them stand by the stairs, while I walk towards the front door, to wait for a knock. Trevor is standing behind Claire, holding her around her neck. They got engaged a few months ago, adorable, right? All of the boys are still single, except for Ashton of course. 

Three knocks are heard and I smile at everyone, waiting a few seconds before opening. 

"Welcome!" we all yell in sync, laughing at my father's shocked face. 

"Wow", he laughs. "Oh my, that was really sweet of you!" 

"Hi dad", I smile, hugging him tightly. 

"Hi sweetheart", he greets, kissing my forehead. 

"How was your flight?" I ask, letting him step inside, taking his suitcase from him. 

"Great, thank you."

So after the meeting with my father, we kept in contact. It started with like one call and a few texts a week, but it turned into so many more. Now we talk each day, call or text. But today is special, because he's here for a visit and he's staying for a while. It's the first time he's been here. Well, we actually met just like two or three months ago.

He's a really nice man, and I don't see why my mother wanted him gone so badly, he sure is so much better than her. The way he truly cares for me, when my mother barely even looked at me - and when she did it was to hurt me. I actually went back to London to visit him last month. I went alone and was there for a week, stayed at his apartment - which was awesome by the way, the view was breathtaking! - and we got to know each other for real. I got to go with him to work one day when he had a call in, but other than that we spent all our time together. 

And now we're all gathered. Me, together will all the people I care about. Some of them are the people who brought me up when I had been kicked down. There's pure happiness and love in my heart and in this room. I am so glad all of them go together, there's no more drama. We're all like a big, happy family.

I can honestly say that I was saved.

<><><><><><>The end<><><><><><>