That means that was Mara Banks.

What are they doing here?

•Mara's POV•

I lean against the bottom of the staircase as I listen to the bickering boys outside.

Ryan loves me?

No, he said he didn't love me like that, whatever that means.

I hear a car horn and peek outside to see Mum and Dad getting out of the car.

Soon, everyone enters the house and I smile and go up the stairs to my room, shutting the door behind me.

I lean against the door and sink to the floor, holding my head in my hands.

"Claire?" I mind-link her.

"What's up Mara?" She responds.

"Are you doing anything?" I ask.

"No, but guess what? I got a memory!" She says.

I smile, "That's great Claire! Do you think you could come over to my house, I need to speak to you in person."

"Of course! I'll be there as soon as I can." She replies.

"Thanks." I say.

It'll be much better when she gets here.

•Claire's POV•

I grab my bag and some pyjamas, incase Mara wants me to stay over, and shut my bedroom door.

When I turn to go to the front door, I crash into someone's chest and their arms wrap around me. I panic for a second but then a tingling rushes through my body and I know who it is instantly.

"Josh, I need to go." I mutter into his chest.

He steps back, but keeps his arms around me, and looks at me with wides eyes that travel to my bag and then to me.

I mentally slap myself at how wrong I put that sentence, "No! Not go go. I mean I need to go to Mara's house." I correct.

He lets out a breath and visibly relaxes, "Oh, that's okay then. I'll come with you."

"I don't think-"

"She'll be fine with it, I'm the Beta after all." He replies and shifts so that his arm is around my shoulder and he's walking with me to the door.

I sigh in defeat and walk with him.

"Car or bike?" He asks.

"Car, definitely car." I reply.

He chuckles as I scramble to it, "One day I'll get you on my bike."

He unlocks the door and I hop in, "Yeah, well you'll have to drug me and say it's a rollarcoaster."

Josh just laughs and shakes his head as he backs out of the driveway.

••••*••••

"Where's Mara?" I ask as I enter the house.

Ryder and a guy I've never seen before pop their heads out, "Upstairs." Ryder replies.

"I'm Ryan, by the way." The guy says.

"Claire." I reply as I go up the stairs.

I open the door and see Mara staring absent-mindedly out the window while sitting on her bed.