•11•

•Mara's POV•

I have always been afraid that I would wake up with no one beside me.

But when I move slightly and feel a strong arm around my belly, I smile and look over at a peaceful sleeping Ryder.

My fingers twitch with the urge to run them through his hair, I give in and my arm goes up and I gently tangle my fingers in his gorgeous hair.

I move one hand down and trail his facial features with my fingertips.

He slowly opens his eyes and smiles when he sees me.

"Well, I could wake up to this every morning." He says huskily.

I really love his morning voice.

'I second that.' Snow giggles.

'Where have you been?' I ask, while still drawing on Ryders face.

'Just thought I'd lay low on your date.' She shrugs.

'Thanks.' I smile.

'He was really sweet.' She sighs.

I giggle, 'Yes he was.' 

"What are you giggling about?" Ryder asks.

I shake my head, "Nothing."

Before he can reply, I hear the front door open as mum and dad enter downstairs.

I look to Ryder who gives me the same expression and we get up quickly.

I run into the bathroom and get changed into normal clothes quickly.

As I walk out of my room, I pull Ryder along with me.

"Just go with it okay?" I ask.

He smiles and nods.

As I walk down the stairs, I sense mum and dad in the kitchen so I know they can hear me.

I would die if they found out Ryder stayed the night.

"Thanks for coming to pick me up Ryder, sorry for the short notice texting you this morning." I say as we enter the kitchen.

"It's no problem, Mandy always forgets to tell everyone things." He laughs and shakes his head.

Wow, he's a good actor.

I turn and act surprised as I see mum and dad looking at us, "Oh! Hey mum, dad. Ryder just came to pick me up for school this morning." I smile and grab two apples, throwing one to Ryder.

"No problem." Mum smiles.

"So what happened last night?" I ask.

"We had to go out of town to get some last minute things sorted with the move, and then our car broke down." Dad shakes his head.

"So we had to stay at a hotel while we got it fixed." Mum adds.

"That sucks." I say.

"Well, we better go. It was nice seeing you." Ryder smiles and motions for me to come.

I smile at mum and dad and we all exchanged a wave.

When we get outside, I let out a breath.

"Wow, they bought it."

Ryder laughs, "Good thinking with the lift, by the way."

I laugh, "Thanks. I better go tell Mandy not to worry about taking me." I gesture to her house.