•42•

•Mara's POV•

"Luna, you shouldn't be out here." One of the warriors say as they emerge from the forest.

"Do you know what's happening too?" I ask annoyed.

They frown and shake their heads, "Alpha Ryder instructed us to patrol. Can we escort you back?"

I huff and shake my head, "No, I'll be fine. Keep up the good work." I then turn around and start walking back to my house.

As I'm walking, something fluorescent catches my eye and I retrace my steps and look to my side to see something on a tree.

I walk up to it and trace the bright pink cross with my fingertips. The spray paint still damp and leaving a light tinge on my fingers.

I frown and look around, seeing if anyone is near. When I know no body is, I shake my head and continue on.

'It's probably just some people cutting down trees.' Snow says.

'Probably.' I reply then sigh, 'Do you think I was too hard on him?'

She doesn't reply for a second, 'I think you were in the right place, but you didn't really give him any time to explain.'

I scoff, 'It didn't really seem like he was going to.'

I can feel Ryder trying to mind-link me, but I've sort of turned off our connection, not letting him get through.

'I'm sure Caleb is telling him off right now, he'll have to come clean so that his wolf is happy.' She replies.

'I don't just want him to tell me because his wolf is upset, I want him to tell me because he loves me.' I reply.

'You should at least tell him you're alright, he deserves that much.' Snow says.

I sigh and nod, 'Fine.'

'Good.' Snow replies.

I switch on the connection again, "Ryder, I'm fine. I'm going home, don't send anyone out to look after me."

"You have no idea how worried I am, I need to talk to you." He replies.

"Do it tomorrow, I just need some space." I say.

But Mara, I-"

I don't let him finish as I switch off the connection again. I see the house in the distance and speed up as I walk to it.

Even though I'm a little annoyed with Ryder, whatever he's worried about I'm sure I should take care with what I'm doing.

I enter through the door and am not surprised when nobody is home, Mum and Dad are probably still at the Pack House.

'Looks like it's just me and you Snow.' I say.

'At least we finally get some time to talk.' She replies.

I giggle, 'Yep, finally.'

•Ryan's POV•

As James and I walk through the forest, I glance at him and purse my lips at the way he walks, holding so much pride.

"It's great to have so many hunters behind us, ever since that reward has come out, we've got so many more people."

"Yeah, great." I mutter.

He averts his eyes to me, "You know, I'll still give the money to you if you can kill it."