•19•

•Ryder's POV•

I sigh as I close the bedroom door.

'She didn't hear us, did she?' Caleb asks.

'I don't think so.' I reply.

I didn't really tell Mara that I should go talk to the guys, I actually told her how I'm in love with her. But, Mara being Mara must of zoned out and not heard me.

I'm scared. Mara isn't a werewolf and she can't feel the pull as much as I do, if I tell her I love her I don't want her to freak out and feel like we're moving too fast.

But I do love her, and I want her to know that. Even if she doesn't say it back, at least I would have said it and she knows that's how I feel.

But I shake out that thought for now and head to my office where I'm sure I can find Josh and Trent.

When I open the door, I'm not only greeted by two faces, but four.

"Bailey?" I ask.

She smiles, "Hey Ryder, or Alpha Ryder as I should call you now."

I look to the guy that has his arm around her, "Beta Nathan." I acknowledge him, remembering our new alliance.

He nods his head in respect.

"So, what are you doing here Bailey?" I ask, turning my attention back to her.

"I did promise that I would come for Mara." She smirks.

I grin, "Mara, someone's in my office and wants to see you." I mind-link Mara.

"She'll be here any second." I smile and then turn to my Beta and Third, "I need to speak with you."

They nod.

Mara comes through the door and locks eyes with Bailey, "Bailey!" She squeals.

They run up to each other and hug.

They only saw each other yesterday.

"We'll go outside, so you can speak with your Beta and Third." Nathan says.

I nod in appreciation as they exit, I turn to the guys and take a seat in my desk chair.

They sit at their desks too, suddenly we become all business.

"As you know, Mandy's mate is Cole. I just heard from Mara that they have accepted each other as mates, and now we need to make a decision about what we should do about them." I say.

Trent nods, "Do you mean, as in should we let him join the pack?"

"Exactly." I reply.

"Absolutely not!" Josh says.

"Josh, you need to think about this more before you go making assumptions like that." I say.

"Why should I? We all know how much trouble he's going to cause, why bother with him?" He replies.

"Because he's Mandy's mate." Trent says.

Josh scoffs, "Yeah he accepted her, but is he using her? I mean, he just ambushed our pack and endangered our Luna. Also that fact that he hates you Ryder."

I think about Josh's explanation for a second. He's right, Cole is dangerous and we need to be aware of that. But then I think of Mara's last words to me.

Just remember that this is Mandy's mate we're talking about.

Mandy is my cousin, she's always looked forward to meeting her mate. And when I think of how I feel about Mara, maybe Cole's feelings are true.