•7•

•Ryder's POV•

I can't believe I saw the tiger.

It was right in front of me, it nodded at me.

It amazes me even more that it's in our town. I just hope that none of the other packs do anything to it, but I think once they look into its beautiful eyes, they'll see it's just like us.

But, I stopped thinking about the tiger after it left. I need to find Mara, I feel terrible, I actually forgot about missing her when I saw the tiger.

"Let's just go back to her house and wait there." Mandy mind-links me.

I sigh, but agree.

We run a bit closer to town and then shift back, going behind trees to get changed.

They must realise my discomfort, because Josh pats my back and Mandy gives my arm a reassuring squeeze.

I notice her parent's car isn't in their driveway, and I can't smell Mara's fresh scent, meaning that she isn't home.

The others sit on the front porch, while I pace around.

"Chill man," Trent says, "She'll be fine. It's Mara we're talking about."

The others smile at the comment.

She's that amazing. She brings so much happiness where ever she goes, you just feel compelled to get to know her. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, everything draws you in when you see her.

All I can think is how lucky I am to be her mate, out of all the seven billion people in the world, it's me. I smile at the thought and shake my head.

I'm so whipped.

"I can't believe we just saw the tiger." Mandy says in disbelief, focusing on something on the ground.

"I know." Layla joins.

"I don't get why people want to kill it. It seemed so friendly, so tame." Josh furrows his eyebrows.

"We were in our wolf forms remember. It probably didn't see us as big of threats because we were aniamls too." I reply, leaning against the post supporting the roof.

"Yeah, that's true." Trent nods.

A car pulls into the driveway and Mara's parents get out with half a dozen shopping bags in their hands.

"That's Mara's parents?" I hear Layla whisper.

Katrina notices us smiles, she sees me and her smile gets even bigger.

"Ryder, what a pleasant surprise. And Mandy, how are you?" She asks, focusing her attention to Mandy.

"Good thank you." She replies.

"And who are you?" Richard asks, looking at the other four.

"This is Layla, Bailey, Josh and Trent. We're all Mara's friends." I point to the four.

"Well, she'll be home soon. Come on in." Katrina smiles and opens the door for us. When we get inside Katrina and Richard introduce themselves to the three.

We follow them into the kitchen where they start unpacking the bags.

"So Ryder, I heard you had lunch with Mara today?" Richard asks.

I frown, "No, I don't think so."

Richard and Katrina share a confused look. I look to my friends who give me the same look.

"She got a letter today from someone asking to meet her for lunch, it wasn't you?" Katrina asks.

"No, it wasn't." I shake my head.