•5•

•Mara's POV•

As we sit at the dinner table, Ryder next to me and Dad across from us, Mum brings in the mouthwatering smelling food and sits down, motioning for us to dig in.

As I fill my plate, dad puts down the newspaper he was reading.

"So Mara. Did you see the article in the newspaper today?" He asks, lifting up the page with the 'Monster Tiger' on it.

I stiffle a laugh and reply serious, "Yes I did."

Mum coughs, obviously to stop her from laughing.

Dad grins, "I thought that the hunters would give up trying to find the tiger, since it didn't really attack them."

I purse my lips and take more interest in my vegetarian lasagna, trying not to laugh.

My parents and I have always taken these things funny for some reason. Maybe it's because no one realises that they are standing right in front of the 'Monster Tiger' at times.

Ryder just stays silent, I think mum and dad notice too.

"So Ryder," Mum begins, "How long have you lived here for?"

He clears his throat before he begins, "All my life ma'am."

"Please, just call me Katrina. That makes me feel old." She laughs.

"Your family have never thought of moving?" Dad asks.

"Not really, we're quite comfortable here. I guess we feel somehow connected to this place." He smirks.

"That's how I hope to feel too," Mum smiles, "In a small town like this, it has a nice atmosphere."

"The forests that surround this town are very beautiful." I add.

Ryder smiles at me, "I think that's what I like most, the forests."

I drown the rest of the conversation out as I get lost in my thoughts.

Ryder just kissed me.

I look at him in the corner of my eye, laughing with my parents. I've only known him for two days and we kissed! But, I just feel this pull towards him that I can't explain, nor understand.

And boy, was that kiss something. I don't know if everyone says that about their first kiss, but I don't care. That had to be something different.

I just hope what he said was true, about me being different. I really don't want him to ditch me and watch my heart as it flys out of my chest and shatters to a million pieces on the ground.

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting.

But the scary thing is, I think I'm falling for him, after two days.

Two days!

Freaking forty-eight hours. And I haven't even talked to him for the whole time.

I get brought back by the heat that rises on the top of my knee, I look and see Ryder's hand there while he talks to my parents.

I look at him and he turns his head a little to smirk at me before going back to my parents.

Sneaky barstard.

'Two can play at that game.' Snow smirks.

'Oh yes, they can.' I grin back.

I move my hand and start lazily drawing circles on the back of his hand with my fingers. I notice him pause a little half way through his sentence.