•41•

•Mara's POV•

"Hey!" I smile and wave as I get out of the car.

Mum and Dad come rushing out of the house and engulf me in a large hug.

"How was it?" Mum asks as Dad goes around and shakes Ryder's hand from the driver's side.

"It was amazing! You should of seen the beaches, they were so nice." I lie with a smile.

Ryder hands me my 'fake' luggage and Mum guides me inside.

"I'm a little disapointed that you didn't personally say anything to us." She says after we enter the house.

"Sorry Mum, it was a last minute decision and the hotel could only take us in that day." I reply.

She nods, "Just let me know next time, okay?"

"Of course." I reply.

She hugs me again, "I'm glad you're back."

I laugh in her shoulder, "I was only gone a week and a half."

"I missed my baby." Mum replies.

I lightly push her off, "Okay, enough with the mushy stuff, let me unpack."

She giggles like a teenager and nods, "Did you guys eat anything for breakfast on the road?"

Ryder shakes his head, "We wanted to get back a soon as possible." He replies.

Mum claps her hand together, "Alright, well you go unpack and I'll whip something up."

"Thanks Mum!" I shout as I go up the stairs.

I enter my room and throw the empty suitcase in my wardrobe.

"Done already? That was fast." Ryder says smirking.

"I'm just that good." I reply.

He laughs and pulls my down on the bed so we're facing each other. He brushes my hair out of my face and situates it behind my ear.

"Does that mean that you're staying here now?" He asks.

I nod, "I can't just tell them I'm living with you from now on." I reply.

"What if we told them the truth?" He asks, leaning up on his shoulder.

That's not the first time somebody's mentioned that, Layla and Mandy said that when I was getting ready for my Luna ceremony.

"What if it goes wrong?" I ask.

"You shift into a tiger, how bad could it be?" He replies.

I hold a hand to my heart, "Are you dissing Snow?"

He leans forward and brushes his lips teasingly against mine, "I love Snow."

I pout as he moves away and wrap my hands around his neck pulling him closer again.

"I think we should seriously consider acting as a profession." I say, closing my eyes.

He chuckles and rolls on his back, I snuggle closer into his side and he runs his fingers up and down my arm.

"We're holding a Pack meeting which everyone must attend that's when we'll bring up that Claire and you have returned." He says.

I nod, "Sounds good."

"But right now, we have to get breakfast, and something smells really good." Ryder says, standing up.

I groan, "I'm too comfy, I don't want to walk."