•15•

•Ryder's POV•

I can tell Mara is nervous.

Actually, more I can feel Mara is nervous. The mate-pull is bugging Caleb because he just wants us to go in there and comfort her, make all her nervousness disperse and bring out the confidence I know she has.

I just hope that once she just out there, she will be the Mara I know and everyone one will love her.

What am I talking about? Everyone will love her.

The phone ringing pulls me back to reality.

"Alpha Ryder speaking." I answer.

"Alpha Ryder, it's Alpha Will." He replies, he sounds a little panicked.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

"Not really. A large pack of rogues just attacked my pack." He says.

"Pack of rogues?" It's very strange for rogues to travel in large packs, they usually like to go alone or an small groups of three or four.

"Yes, they were very strong. They killed most of my pack and then just left, we killed a few but were unable to imprison any." He replies.

"Is Bailey alright?" I ask, worried.

"Don't worry, she's perfectly alright." He replies.

"Good. Did you need my assistance for anything?" I ask.

He clears his throat, "Actually, I have a proposition for you. Most of my pack have been wiped out, we only have about one hundred left." He says.

"So, what's the proposition?" I wonder.

"I would like to join your pack, if we can stay here and I can still be in charge of this town, we need protection and more members, which I don't have." He says.

I think about this for a second.

"You would give up the Sterling Moon Pack?" I ask.

He pauses a little, before merely replying, "Yes."

I can understand his hesitation. I wouldn't want to give up my pack.

"Look, instead of wiping out the Sterling Moon Pack, how about we form a strong alliance. I will grant you with more protection and guards, and you can still run your pack. This way we can also have each others backs in case of an attack." I offer, my Dad has trusted me to make decisions even though I'm not the true Alpha yet.

He processes my information before answering.

"I think that would suit better, thank you Alpha Ryder. Just remember that those rogues are still out there, they are strong and have good skills." Alpha Will warns.

"Thank you Alpha Will. I'll send some men tomorrow to your town." I say.

We exchange goodbyes and hang up.

Well, at least we have new allies now. But, I'll have some people on guard this evening.

There's still hours until the party, so I decide I might as well go see Mara before she starts to get ready.

I grab my bike keys and head outside, swinging my leg over and adjusting my helmet. I start roaring down the road and grin at how free I feel on my bike. I think Mara would love it, but I haven't taken her on a ride yet.

I park on her driveway and notice her parents car is out.

I walk up to the door and give a quick knock.