•35•

•Mara's POV•

I just stare blankly at her, trying to process how this can be possible.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

She frowns, "What do you mean?"

"You said you couldn't remember anything, did Cam tell you that was your name?" I ask.

She nods, "Yes, he did. But I told you I coulnd't remember much, I have memories of when I was little, my parents and I were running along a beach." She says smiling, "There was a smaller boy there too, he grabbed my hand and said 'Come on Claire', and then the memory ends, just like that."

That little boy could have been Ryder, since he's younger than her.

"You look nice, where have you been?" She asks when I don't say anything.

I look down at my now-ruined dress.

"Oh, we had a ceremony today." I reply.

"You're a werewolf?" She asks.

I shake my head, "Mate's with one." Your brother.

"What's he like?" She asks.

An automatic smile appears on my lips, "He's the kindest guy ever, he's caring and generous. He's always so worried and protective of me, and he'll do anything for his pack."

"He's an Alpha?" She asks.

I nod, "Um, Claire?"

She smiles at me, "Yeah?"

"I think that-"

The elevator dings again and we immediately become quiet, Claire crawls back into the shadows of her cell.

Cam comes and brings some food to me, constisting of what looks to be meat.

"Here, I brought you food." He says.

I look at it and back up to him.

"Is there a problem?" He asks.

"Does she get food?" I ask, and point to Claire's cell.

He looks behind him and back down at the food, "Not right now, you need to eat."

I can't tell him I'm a vegetarian, it'll break down my acting if I do.

He opens the door and puts it in front of me, "I'll be back to collect the plate."

And then before I know it, he's disappeared again.

I stare at the overcooked red meat in front of me and cringe.

"What's the matter? It's food, shouldn't you be shoving down your throat?" Claire asks, reappearing.

I shake my head, "I'm vegetarian."

"And you didn't tell him that because?" She asks.

"It'll blow my cover." I reply.

Her mouth forms and 'O' and she nods.

"Did you want it?" I ask.

She looks at the meat and nods, smiling.

"I can't give you the plate, but I'm gonna' throw you it, how's your catch?" I ask.

She grins, "How's your throw?"

I smirk back and pick up the meat, pushing my hands through the metal bars, I flick my wrist and release it, it flys straight into Claire's awaiting hands.

"Not bad." She says and pulls it in her cell.

I laugh, "Thanks, nice catch."

She just grins at me and starts eating the meat.