•38•

•Ryder's POV•

I just stare at her, all her features coming back to my memory.

She's older now, obviously, but I still see her as my big sister.

She looks at Josh panicked, like she doesn't know who he is although she's been his friend nearly all her life.

Before I can process anymore, Josh starts walking quickly towards her.

Her eyes widen and Mara jumps in front of her before Josh can make contact.

"Mara, get out of my way before I make you." Josh says through clenched teeth.

The causes a loud growl from me at how rude he's being to, not only my mate, but his Luna. I start making my way over there.

"Josh, I know you want to see her. But you need to understand that she's not the same Claire she was two years ago." Mara replies calmly.

I stop near Josh, he frowns and looks at me.

"We get that Mara, she's been with Cam for too long, that's got to have effected her." My dad says from behind me, like right behind me.

Mara shakes her head, "You're jumping to conclusions. Cam invented a substance that makes people forget their memories."

"What?" Mum frowns.

Mara sighs, "He used it on Claire when he faked her death."

"What do you mean exactly?" Dad asks.

My heart is pounding heavily in my chest, dreading the next words that come out of Mara's mouth.

"She can't remember anything from before she woke up with Cam."

•Claire's POV•

I stare at the people's expressions in front of me.

All their faces range from confusion, anger, and pure sadness.

I'm guessing this is my family, well at least I know who Ryder is, judging from the way he gave Mara such a warm greeting.

I look to the two older couple, and when I realise I have the same shade of blonde as the lady I know that they're my parents.

There's also a smaller boy, maybe around thirteen. He also has the same blonde hair as me and I blink as I wonder if I might have a second brother.

There are two other girls and two other guys there too, but I'm drawn to the one staring intently at me. Josh as they called him, or in other words, my mate.

I was quite surprised at my wolfs response, I thought that you usually couldn't control them and just wanted to run up to them. But she's hesitant, maybe from a feeling from last time, or just because I have no idea who the guys is.

Suddenly, the older women, who I think is my Mum, starts breaking down into tears. My maybe Dad looks down and comforts her, Ryder just looks at me with hopeful eyes, and the others still hold the look of sadness on there faces.

Except for Josh, he's looking almost lustfully at me.

I grip Mara's hand, her being the only person I trust right now.

She glances back at me and then turns back, "I know you just want to talk to her, but we're really tired."

I mentally sigh in relief about Mara's comment to exit, and also the thought of a warm comfy bed almost brought a smile to my lips.