Chapter Thirty Three 'Home'

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going anywhere with you, I'm going home! Didn't you listen to a word I said! Diamond is FUCKING ILL! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!" She screeched manically slamming her fists on his chest.
Not caring for the audience they had gathered Joker quickly brought the inconsolable girl into his arms and gently kissed the side of her head. Ember wanted to fight back but she was too exhausted and just wanted to get home to her baby.

"Let's go home little doll" Joker cooed directing her towards the car.
"I'm driving" Ember whispered reaching for her keys as she tried to get out his arms.
"You're in no state to drive, now get in!" Joker ordered grabbing the keys and opening the passenger door.
Giving him one last disgusted look Ember reluctantly climbed into the passenger seat and began to exhale as she waited for him to get in. She wanted nothing more than to smash his face off the pavement until it was nothing but a pile a mush. She'd make that little slut watch too before she took her eyes out.

The ride home was possibly the most tense situation The Joker had ever been in. This woman was making him squirm in his seat and he was quickly becoming extremely irritated by her.

He could feel her glares burning through his head and sizzling his brain to nothing

He could feel her glares burning through his head and sizzling his brain to nothing. The urge to kick her out the moving car and over the nearest bridge was extremely tempting. Maybe if he got rid of her for good he could finally have some peace but he couldn't do it. That little doll and his clown practically held his heart within their hands, a heart he didn't know he had until Ember popped up in his life.

"What happened?" Joker spoke up taking a quick glance at the sad girl.
"She was sleeping fine, her temperature had went down and I thought she was on the mend. Then she suddenly started vomiting uncontrollably and then she....she....col...laps...ed....in....m..my...arms" Ember tried to explain before she broke down in tears at the memory of her limp child.
"What did the doctor say?" He pressed on feeling his worry rise and the thought of his baby being terminally ill.
"She has a flu and should recover within the next few days. I would have left you to do what you were doing but she wouldn't stop crying for you" she sighed trying to not let her jealousy get the better of her.

Not her jealousy of Melody but the jealousy she felt that Diamond wanted him more.
I mean what did he have that she didn't?
Within minutes they were pulling up outside the house and jumping out the car they rushed inside.

Ember's POV
"There's my sweet angel!" Mr J cooed as he entered his room to find Diamond curled around his pillow.
"Daddy" she smiled back weakly holding her arms out to him.
Climbing onto the bed he laid down and gently placed the sick child on his chest, holding her close as he kissed her curls.
"Mammy" Peanut called out brushing her hand on the covers next to them.
"I'm coming sweetheart" I smiled softly walking over and grabbing Diamond's hand as I got on the bed.
I arranged myself so I was close enough to her but not to him. Just being in his presence made me feel sick in disgust.

"She's only business little doll" Mr J spoke up after rocking Peanut to sleep.
"What?" I muttered crossing my arms expecting complete bullshit to come out his mouth.
"Melody she's part of a new business deal" he sighed giving me a look of annoyance, grinding his teeth together.

"Is that what you call it? Was I one of those business deals?" I snorted bitterly, trying to control my laughter

"Do not twist my words Ember you know you weren't" he spat quietly.
"Whatever! Do what you want but don't be surprised when you lose your family, though I doubt you'd care anyway" I sneered before laying down and turning away from him.